Chicken. It’s what’s for dinner!
We’ve compiled dozens of our favorite easy and delicious chicken dinner recipes. These are simple chicken dinners that even the most novice cook can feel confident making! We love cooking with chicken because it’s tasty, cheap, and oh so versatile. Whether you like it baked, grilled, in a casserole or in the slow cooker, this list has ideas for everyone.
Recipes we love with Chicken Breasts
- Lemon Chicken Piccata . The ultimate easy meal that will impress family or guests. The chicken is lightly breaded and pan-fried resulting in tender, juicy chicken with a crisp coating and served with a creamy lemon caper sauce.
- Chicken Cordon Bleu. Baked them the oven and top them with a delicious, two-ingredient sauce. Plus, I’ve included tips for wrapping the chicken ahead of time without using toothpicks.
- Grilled Chicken Breasts. Let your chicken breasts rest in a simple marinade for a few hours then plop them on the grill and you’ve got a delicious main dish in minutes. This easy chicken dinner gets rave reviews every time.
- Simple Chicken Parmesan. A restaurant quality dinner made with breaded chicken, marinara sauce, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Don’t miss my tips for making a healthy version of this chicken dinner.
- Chick-Fil-A Copycat Chicken Sandwich. A delicious copycat of the sandwich we all love.
- Asian Chicken Salad. A hearty and flavorful recipe made with cabbage, mandarin oranges, cucumbers, bell peppers, almonds, and marinated chicken with an easy homemade dressing.
One Pan Chicken Dinners—they are just so easy.
- One Pan Skinny Chicken Alfredo. Creamy chicken and pasta made in just one pan with all the flavor of traditional Alfredo, but without the calories!
- Chicken and Rice Casserole. Dinner doesn’t get easier or more delicious than this cheesy chicken casserole, made in just one pan, with a few simple ingredients. Plus, this recipe is adaptable and kid friendly.
- Teriyaki Chicken. Bite-size chicken pieces coated in a simple homemade teriyaki sauce and ready to eat in less than 30 minutes!
- Chicken with 40 Cloves Garlic. As with so many things, the French do it best! This delicious chicken recipe is no exception and includes tender chicken cooked with lots of garlic cloves in a delicious sauce.
- One Pan Roast Chicken and Veggies. A super easy sheet pan dinner with chicken pieces smeared in an herb butter and roasted with your favorite vegetables. One pan, minimal prep, and the easiest clean-up ever.
- One Pan Garlic Parmesan Chicken and Vegetables. This easy and delicious chicken dinner includes tender breaded chicken tenders and fresh seasonal vegetables all roasted in just one pan.
Tex Mex Chicken Dinners
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas. I can’t think of an all around easier or tastier dinner. Made with a simple one pan dinner that includes seasoned chicken and vegetables roasted all on one pan and served in warm flour tortillas with your favorite toppings.
- Pollo Fundido. All lovers of Mexican chimichangas and burritos will go crazy for this easy recipe consisting of shredded chicken filling inside a crispy flour tortilla, topped with melted fundido jalapeño cream cheese sauce.
- Smothered Green Chili Chicken Burrito. Tortillas filled with shredded chicken, cheese and spices, baked until crispy, and then smothered in the best homemade green chile sauce.
- Chicken Taquitos. Featuring shredded chicken, cheddar cheese, and a creamy salsa blend rolled in tortillas and baked or fried until crispy.
- Loaded Chicken Enchiladas. Loaded Chicken Enchiladas are made with shredded chicken, rice, beans, corn, bell pepper, and onion mixed in a creamy sauce and topped with cheese and homemade enchilada sauce.
- Smothered Ranch Chicken Burritos. These amazing Smothered Ranch Chicken Burritos are baked until crisp and then smothered in a creamy homemade ranch sauce.
Chicken and Pasta—comfort food done right
- Chicken Alfredo Stuffed shells. Jumbo pasta shells filled with shredded chicken and broccoli and smothered in an easy homemade Alfredo sauce.
- Tuscan chicken pasta. Seasoned, crusted chicken in a creamy tuscan sauce, served over your favorite kind of pasta.
- Lemon Chicken Pasta. An easy chicken dinner recipe that’s and packed with flavor! It’s the perfect fresh summer meal made in 20 minutes, with seasonal vegetables.
- Chicken Fajita Pasta. Fresh, bold and flavorful, and made in just one pan! Everything you love about fajitas, transformed into a delicious pasta dish.
- Chicken Noodle Casserole. A comforting casserole with a simple homemade white sauce, cheese, chicken and egg noodles. My family loves this creamy, cheesy, easy recipe!
- Cajun Chicken Pasta. A dinner winner with it’s creamy cajun sauce and bites of tender pasta and chicken. It’s one of the easiest dinners, ready in less than 30 minutes.
Chicken Bowls—an all in one bowl dinner.
- Hawaiian Bowls. These recipe could be my all-time FAVORITE summer meal! The bowl starts with coconut rice, topped with grilled pineapple, zucchini, bell peppers, and onions. Then, we add grilled teriyaki chicken and a drizzle of homemade teriyaki sauce!
- BBQ Ranch Chicken and Veggie Bowls. Black bean rice, delicious grilled veggies or your choosing, with marinated and grilled chicken, and topped with a delicious honey bbq dressing.
- Caribbean Jerk Chicken Bowls. Start with a layer of coconut rice and red beans topped with jerk seasoned chicken, mangos, mashed avocado and a sweet and spicy pineapple sauce.
- Chicken Shawarma Bowls. This middle eastern inspired recipe is easy to make from home, it’s healthy and packed with awesome flavor.
- White Chicken Chili. This creamy chili is so easy it can be made on the stovetop, in the slow cooker, or the instant pot. I love to use leftover chicken, making this a super fast weeknight meal!
- Chicken Fajita Soup. A flavorful and healthy soup with veggies, beans, corn, and chicken in a flavorful broth.
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. The BEST chicken noodle soup you’ll ever make, with options for making a simple homemade chicken broth and homemade egg noodles!
- Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup. One of my family’s favorite soup recipes made with carrots, celery, onion, chicken, and wild rice in a creamy and flavorful broth. This delicious soup can be made on the stovetop or in the slow cooker!
- Chicken Enchilada Soup. Made from scratch (NO canned enchilada sauce!), in the slow cooker and it’s loaded with vegetables, protein, and has the most AMAZING flavor!
- Spicy Chicken Soup. A Tex-Mex inspired recipe bursting with rich, deep flavor from Mexican spices, chili beans, corn and toppings. It’s hearty, and deliciously comforting.
Our Favorite Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos. These easy Crockpot Chicken Tacos are a delicious and healthy meal that the whole family will love! For a quicker meal, make it in the Instant Pot!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala. This Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala is packed with flavor, but couldn’t be easier to make with simple ingredients like tomato sauce, coconut milk, spices and chicken.
- Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken and Sausage. Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken and Sausage is like a cheat version for gumbo! It’s a great easy dinner full of bold flavors that your family will love!