Lemon Parmesan Chicken Pasta is delicious seasoned and sautéed chicken and summer veggies, parmesan, lemon and pasta. The perfect easy, flavorful, 20-minute meal.
Sometimes I run out of dinner ideas (I know, crazy right 😉 ) and browse some of my favorite bloggers recipes for inspiration.
Last week I was looking for something to use my summer squash and zucchini, and something that was light and fresh, but also filling. This lemon parmesan chicken pasta completely hit the spot! I’ve made 3 times in the last two weeks, and even “meal prepped” it for lunch for me and my husband. SOO GOOD!
I serve the chicken and veggies over mini farfalle noodles, with fresh parmesan cheese, a squeeze of lemon juice, and a sprinkle of fresh parsley. Have you tried mini farfalle noodles before? They’re adorable (can pasta be adorable?). Well, they are. I thought they really added to the dish and made it “pretty” too.
You could really use any type of pasta you like, or even serve the chicken and veggies in a lettuce cup.
Some tips for this recipe:
Use FRESH ingredients.
Since the flavors of this dish are so simple, you really have to make them count! Use fresh parmesan cheese. The powdered stuff is no good at all, and even packaged, pre-shredded parmesan cheese doesn’t have the same great flavor and texture as freshly shredded parm. Also, freshly shredded parmesan melts better, which works great when you sprinkle it over the warm pasta and on the chicken.
Fresh lemon juice and fresh parsley also make a big difference in flavor. Fresh parsley, especially, adds a great extra touch of flavor that you really can’t get with dried parsley flakes.
Consider trying these popular dinner recipes:
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Honey-Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- Italian Grilled Cheese
- Gourmet Baked Mac N Cheese with Bacon
- Crispy BBQ Chicken Wraps
Lemon Parmesan Chicken Pasta
- 16 ounces mini farfalle pasta (or your favorite bite-size pasta)
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders (or about 2-3 chicken breasts, washed, pat dry)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder , divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning , divided
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil , divided
- 2 Tablespoons butter , divided
- 2 small zucchinis , sliced
- 2 small yellow squash , sliced
- 1 1/4 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese , divided
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves , chopped
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- While the pasta cooks, season chicken, on both sides, with salt and pepper. Season with lemon zest, and 1/2 tsp EACH of garlic powder, Italian seasoning and onion powder.
- Add 1 Tbsp olive oil and 1 Tbsp butter to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Swirl to coat the pan and melt the butter.
- Add seasoned chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom.
- Flip to the other side and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. (If you’re cooking chicken breasts, it may take a few minutes longer).
- Remove chicken to a plate and tent with tinfoil to keep warm.
- Add another tablespoon of both olive oil and butter to the skillet. Once hot, add the chopped zucchini and yellow squash. Season with salt and pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning.
- Cook, tossing occasionally, until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Chop the chicken into pieces.
- Divide the warm, cooked pasta into serving bowls.
- Sprinkle a small handful of fresh parmesan cheese on top of the pasta.
- Add a spoonful of the veggies and chicken on top. Sprinkle with a little additional parmesan cheese, and a squirt of fresh lemon juice. Top with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.