My family loves this easy One Pan Cheesy Chicken and Rice casserole. Just a few short minutes to throw together and let the oven do the rest.
Here’s what a nerd I am when it comes to cooking. For my 14th birthday a friend gave me a cookbook… and it was one of my favorite gifts! It was a compilation of favorite recipes from close friends, and one of the recipes was this cheesy chicken and rice casserole.
What 14-year-old is thrilled about a cookbook?! ME! I’ve just always loved trying and experimenting with new recipes. And, I still have that cookbook in my large collection of favorites.
This One Pan Cheesy Chicken and Rice casserole is as easy as it sounds, and as simple as it looks. You add uncooked rice, raw chicken, and a few other ingredients to a pan and bake it for about 2 hours.
The end result is a delicious, flavorful, totally kid-friendly casserole. The perfect comfort food for an fast weeknight meal or Sunday dinner that requires hardly any prep on your part. I love recipes where the oven does all of the work.
Consider trying these popular one-pan meals:
- One pan baked salmon and vegetables
- One pan creamy lemon chicken tortellini
- One pan chicken fajita pasta
- One pan skillet lasagna
One Pan Cheesy Chicken and Rice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add rice, cream of chicken, milk, water and onion soup mixture to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into a 9x13'' pan. Sprinkle half of the shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Season chicken with a little bit of salt and pepper. Nestle chicken breasts into the rice mixture.
- Cover the dish with tinfoil (the pan will be very full!) and bake for 1 hour 45 min - 2 hours, or until rice and chicken are cooked.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Serve with fresh steamed veggies or salad.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.