I’m confidant you’re going to fall in love with these Easy Chicken Burgers with seasoned chicken breasts grilled to perfection and served with guacamole and your favorite burger toppings. This is the type of healthy burger I could eat all any time!
Grilled Chicken Burgers
I love these chicken burgers because they are healthy, easy to make, and packed with flavor. I always have what I need to quickly throw the seasoning together, and I like to do it first thing in the morning to cut down on prep time.
Seasoning for Chicken Burgers:
- Olive Oil
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Salt & Pepper
How to make Chicken Burgers:
- Coat the chicken breast halves in oil.
- Mix seasonings together
- Season chicken pieces on both sides.
- Top with mashed avocado, onion, lettuce, cheese, or desired toppings.
Tips for grilling chicken breasts:
- Clean the grill. Turn the grill to high heat and after it’s had time to get hot, use a wire grill brush to scrub the grates clean of all leftover food debris.
- Oil the grates. Use a lightly oiled paper towel to spread oil over the hot grates. (Use tongs to hold the paper towel)
- Let the grill get HOT. Don’t add food to the grill before it’s hot. We want to grill our chicken breasts over medium-high heat so that they cook quickly and maintain their moisture.
- Don’t over cook. Chicken breast halves should cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side. To test for doneness, use your finger or the tongs to poke the chicken and if it feels squishy, it needs to cook longer.
Toppings for Chicken Burgers:
Are Chicken Burgers Healthy?
Grilled chicken burgers are almost always lower in total calories, fat and saturated fat than fried chicken burgers or beef hamburgers. You can also make your burger healthier by avoiding the added sugar and fat found in special sauces, mayo, and ketchup. To make them even healthier, skip the bun and serve them inside a large lettuce leaf.
What to Serve with Chicken Burgers:
Grilled Chicken Burgers
Seasoning for chicken burgers:
- 4 Chicken Breast halves , skinless and boneless
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
Chicken Burger Toppings:
- 1 large avocado peeled, seeded, mashed
- 4 slices provolone cheese , or your favorite kind
- 1/2 red onion , thinly sliced
- 4 leaves leafy green lettuce , washed and pat dry
- 4 hamburger buns
- Mix seasonings together. Lightly coat chicken breast halves in oil and sprinkle seasonings all over both sides of the chicken.
- Prepare, clean and lightly oil grill grates. Turn grill to medium-high heat.
- Once hot, cook chicken for about 3-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Be careful not to overcook and remember that the chicken will continue to cook a little even after it's removed from the grill.
- Cover with tinfoil to rest while you prepare the burger toppings. Mash the avocado in a bowl and sprinkle with a little lemon juice, if desired, to keep it from browning.
- Assemble burgers. Enjoy!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.