One-Pan Skinny Chicken Alfredo Pasta has all of the yummy flavor of traditional Alfredo, without all the calories! Plus, it’s made in ONE PAN–super easy, and even easier clean-up.
What’s not to love about a one-pan dish? (Take this awesome One-Pan Baked Ziti, for example!) Super easy to make, even easier to clean up, and totally delicious! I’ve been working on this “skinny” alfredo for awhile and I’m really excited to finally share the recipe. No butter, heavy cream, or cream cheese (like most alfredo dishes). But the flavor is still amazing! You still get the same “comfort food” type of feel, but with way less calories and fat. It’s keeper. And did I mention how easy it is?! Perfect for a busy weeknight.
- 6 oz (about 3 cups) uncooked bowtie pasta, (or any bite-sized shape pasta)*
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 large boneless , skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves of garlic , minced
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces, about 1 inch, and season with salt and pepper. Add olive oil to a skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken to the hot skillet and brown on all sides for 1-2 minutes (you don’t need to cook it all the way through).
- Add minced garlic and sauté for one minute.
- Add chicken broth, milk, flour, onion powder, basil, parsley and uncooked pasta to pan and stir well to combine.
- Bring to a gentle boil, then cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring once or twice during this time.
- Remove from heat and stir in freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
*Serve with fresh steamed asparagus, broccoli, or a garden salad