This Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad is loaded with all of the traditional toppings for a caesar salad, including croutons, parmesan cheese, lettuce and tomatoes, with added pasta and chicken, all smothered in a creamy caesar dressing. Serve this cold pasta salad as a side for your next bbq or as an easy weeknight dinner.
There is something completely refreshing about this caesar pasta salad. I love the crunch from the romaine and croutons and the flavors of the creamy pasta, grilled chicken and parmesan cheese.
I love adding chicken to my pasta salad recipes because it’s an easy way to add protein and make them more filling, which is great if I plan on serving them as a main dish.
Some of my favorite main dish pasta salad recipes with chicken include this healthy chicken pasta salad with a creamy citrus dressing, and this spinach chicken bowtie pasta salad with teriyaki dressing.
No one loves a good pasta salad as much as my kids! I constantly keep cooked noodles in my fridge just for the convenience of throwing together a quick lunch of one of their many favorite pasta salads.
How to make Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad:
Start by cooking the noodles in boiling water until al dente, according the package instructions.
Drain the water and rinse the noodles with cold water. Drizzle some caesar salad dressing over the cooked pasta and refrigerate it while you prepare the rest of the pasta salad.
Season the chicken on all sides with salt, pepper and a little garlic powder.
Cook in a hot skillet, flipping only once, until golden on both sides and cooked through.
Remove the chicken to a cutting board and allow it to rest before chopping.
Combine the pasta, chicken, chopped lettuce, tomatoes, croutons and shredded parmesan in a bowl. Add desired amount of caesar dressing on top and toss everything gently to evenly coat in the dressing.
Looking for more great recipes to enjoy this summer? Don’t miss:
Don’t miss all my pasta salad recipes!
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- 6 ounces penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts , grilled
- 4 cups Romaine lettuces , chopped
- 1/2 medium size cucumber , chopped
- 1 carrot , shredded
- 1/4 cup green onion , thinly sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup croutons (optional)
- caesar salad dressing , to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain water and set aside to cool.
- Chop the grilled chicken breasts into small chunks.
- In a large bowl toss together chicken, cooked penne pasta, lettuce, cucumber, carrot, green onion, cherry tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and croutons.
- Drizzle with desired amount of Caesar salad dressing and toss to coat.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
*I originally shared this recipe May 2014. Updated June 2018.