This “dump it and forget it” Slow Cooker Chipotle Chicken Fajita Soup is loaded with crazy delicious flavor, it couldn’t be easier to make, and it’s healthy too!
Thank heavens for slow cooker soups and, really, slow cooker meals in general! This type of “dump it and forget it” meal is a lifesaver for me. I’m always trying to come up with new and delicious meals that use ingredients I already have in my pantry, and this slow cooker chipotle chicken fajita soup was a WINNER!
This is one of those meals that I was “mmmmm-ing” with every single bite. It’s so fresh and light tasting that I could have eaten the entire batch, but I’m so happy I saved the leftovers because it tasted even better the next day!
I love that the ingredients for this soup are simple ones I usually have in my pantry. If you’re not familiar with a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, you will LOVE them. Most recipes just call for a little of it, so put the extra in a freezer ziplock bag to use for anther recipe.
The flavors in this soup are insanely good. The smokey-ness from the adobo sauce and chipotle pepper add a little punch that is addicting.
Consider trying one of these classic soup recipes:
- Spicy Chicken Soup
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Taco Soup
- Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
- French Onion Soup
- Chile Verde Soup
This "dump it and forget it" Slow Cooker Chipotle Chicken Fajita Soup is loaded with crazy delicious flavor, it couldn't be easier to make, and it's healthy too!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2-3 breasts)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion , chopped
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce PLUS 1 TBSP sauce from the can*
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 15 ounce can black beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 bell pepper , chopped
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 avocado , for topping
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro for topping
- white corn tortillas for serving
Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and 1 teaspoon of the ground cumin and place them in the bottom of your slow cooker.
Add chopped onions, diced tomatoes, chipotle chili and adobo sauce, oregano, remaining 1 teaspoon of cumin, corn, black beans, bell pepper, and chicken broth
- Cover and cook on LOW 3.5 - 4 hours or HIGH for 2 - 3 hours, until chicken is cooked through (but not overcooked). Shred chicken.
- Serve soup warm, topped with fresh avocado and cilantro and with warm corn tortillas on the side.
*Canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce can be found in the Mexican food section at your grocery store. A great tip: Pour the leftover contents into a freezer ziplock bag and save for another recipe.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.