What’s not to love about crispy, pan seared chicken covered in a creamy, cheesy sauce….all served over fettuccine noodles? You’d be crazy not to love this meal! This is my type of comfort food.
I love dinners like this Tuscan Garlic Chicken that taste and look “fancy” but only take about 30 minutes to prepare. If this dish sounds familiar, maybe you’ve tried it at the Olive Garden, before they removed it from their menu.
I served this with a green salad and homemade olive garden breadsticks. My whole family was in heaven, and hey, it beats paying for dinner at the restaurant. 🙂
Consider trying these popular dinner recipes:
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Honey-Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- Italian Grilled Cheese
- Gourmet Baked Mac N Cheese with Bacon
- Crispy BBQ Chicken Wraps
Tuscan Garlic Chicken is a family favorite! Tender and juicy crusted chicken served over noodles with a delicious creamy tuscan garlic sauce.
- 1 pound fettuccine noodles
- 1 1/5 pounds chicken tenders (or halved chicken breasts)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 red bell pepper chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 Tablespoon garlic , minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach leaves roughly chopped
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook fettuccine noodles according to package instructions.
In a large bowl whisk together 3/4 cup flour, 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, dried basil, oregano, and onion powder.
Dip chicken breasts into bowl and flip to coat completely. Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
Once hot, add chicken to the pan. Cook chicken for a few minutes on each side, flipping only once, until golden brown and just cooked through.
Remove chicken to a plate and cover with tinfoil to keep warm.
While chicken is resting, prepare the sauce. Add a little more oil to the pan, if needed.
Add bell pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Add 2 tablespoons oil the pan. Add flour and whisk until smooth.
Add chicken broth and whisk until smooth. Bring sauce to a boil.
Slowly whisk in cream and milk and reduce heat to a simmer. Season sauce with garlic powder, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper, to taste.
Simmer until just slightly thickened. Stir in fresh spinach, parmesan cheese and cook for 2 more minutes.
Place a serving of fettuccine noodles on a plate, add a piece of chicken on top and top with sauce.
Garnish with extra fresh parmesan cheese and parsley, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
I originally shared this recipe in January 2014. I’ve updated it with new photos and instructions.