These delicious Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells include jumbo pasta shells filled with shredded chicken and broccoli and smothered in an easy homemade Alfredo sauce.
I love so many things about this Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells recipe, but particularly, this is a dish my whole family enjoys, and it comes together pretty quickly when I use a rotisserie chicken (I never leave Costco without one!). It’s easy to make in advance or even double the recipe for an extra freezer meal.
How to Make Alfredo Stuffed Shells:
1. Cook Shell Noodles: Just until al dente, then drain and lay out on a large sheet pan to cool, so that they don’t stick together.
2. Make Alfredo sauce: Simmer butter, garlic, heavy cream and milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Beat egg yolks in a small bowl. Add a spoonful of the hot milk mixture to the eggs, stirring to temper the eggs. Repeat with several more spoonfuls and add the egg mixture to the saucepan and stir to combine. Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese and mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Mix together chicken, broccoli, and ½ cup alfredo sauce. Toss to combine.
4. Layer in pan: Add a spoonful of alfredo sauce to the bottom of a 9×13” pan. Fill shells with a large spoonful of chicken and broccoli mixture and place in prepared pan. Pour remaining alfredo sauce evenly over the shells. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until warm and bubbly.
Make Ahead and Freezing Instructions:
To make ahead: assemble chicken alfredo stuffed shells through step 8 of the recipe, just before baking. Cover pan and refrigerate until read to bake.
To freeze: Cook the noodles 2-3 minutes less than al dente. Assemble the dish following the recipe directions but don’t bake it (consider using a disposable container or aluminum pan). Cover with a layer of plastic wrap and then a double layer of aluminum foil and freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge. Remove the plastic wrap, cover it back up with aluminum foil, and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake uncovered for 15-20 more minutes or until warmed through and bubbly.
Consider trying these popular pasta recipes:
- Pizza Stuffed Shells
- Lasagna Stuffed Shells
- Lemon Parmesan Chicken Pasta
- Chicken Mozzarella Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes
- Roasted Red Pepper Tortellini Pasta
Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- 12 ounce box Jumbo pasta shells
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken , shredded (I use rotisserie)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh broccoli , steamed and chopped
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 2/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese , divided
- 2 large egg yolks , beaten
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, just until al dente. Drain from water and lay out on a large dish to cool, so that they don't stick together.
Make alfredo sauce:
- Combine butter, garlic, heavy cream and milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer.
- Beat egg yolks in a small bowl. Add a spoonful of the hot milk mixture to the eggs, stirring to temper the eggs. Repeat with several more spoonfuls. Slowly add the egg mixture to the saucepan and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a large mixing bowl toss together chicken, broccoli, and ½ cup alfredo sauce.
- Add a spoonful of alfredo sauce to the bottom of a 9×13'' pan. Fill shells with a large spoonful of chicken and broccoli mixture and place in prepared pan.
- Pour remaining alfredo sauce evenly over the shells. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 25 minutes or until warm and bubbly.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
I originally shared this recipe September 2016. Updated February 2021.