Applebee’s Oriental Chicken Salad is cornflake crusted chicken on a bed of greens and veggies topped with a sweet oriental honey mustard dressing! This copycat recipe is spot on!
I just have to say right off the bat that this Oriental Chicken Salad is one of my all time favorites — it’s just plain AMAZING! I honestly like it even better than the salad from Applebee’s because it’s fresher and tastier made from scratch!
The dressing is a honey mustard oriental sauce that’s out of this world–and SO easy. It’s made with crisp cabbage and lots of other yummy and colorful veggies that give it an awesome crunch. And it has the yummiest cornflake crusted, juicy, crispy chicken on top! Put all of those things together and you’ve got one killer salad!
Consider trying these popular salad recipes:
- Classic Wedge Salad
- Healthy Chicken Pasta Salad
- Creamy Pesto Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
- Waldorf Salad
- Thai Quinoa Salad
- 6 Tablespoons honey
- 3 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Corn Flakes cereal , crushed into crumbs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups oil (vegetable or canola), for frying
- 6 cups Romaine lettuces , chopped
- 1 cup red cabbage , chopped
- 1 cup napa cabbage , chopped
- 2 carrots , shredded
- 2 green onions , chopped
- 1/2 cucumber , chopped
- 2 Tablespoons slivered almonds
- Blend together all ingredients for the dressing. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. You want the oil at about 350 degrees F, (or test the oil by putting a small piece of torn bread into the pot and if the bread sizzles, it's ready, if it just floats there, it's not.)
- In a small bowl beat the egg and milk together. In another bowl combine the flour, cornflake crumbs and salt and pepper.
Cut chicken breast into several long thin strips. Dip the strips in the egg mixture, and then into the flour mixture, coating completely.
Add chicken strips to the hot oil and fry for 3-4 minutes or until cooked through and coating is dark golden brown.
- Prepare the salad: Combine the romaine, red cabbage, napa cabbage, carrots, onions and cucumber.
- Add chicken pieces on top and sprinkle with almonds. Serve with the honey oriental dressing!
Recipe from the Book Top Secret Restaurant Recipes, found here.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.