Classic Chicken Tikka Masala made so quick and easy in the slow cooker. This dinner is packed with flavor!
I’ve always really appreciated that my parents tried to teach us as much culture as possible. We traveled all over the US and to many countries outside the US. My dad is a history buff so he loved to be our tour guide and teach us U.S. History and European history as we traveled to historical sites.
My mom cooks food from all sorts of different places like Hungarian goulash, Spanish paella, and lots of different Thai food, like my favorite fresh spring rolls. My favorite food since I was a small girl was sushi. And I mean good, authentic Japanese sushi–not “California rolls”.
Now that I’m a mom I want my kids to have the same culture-rich experiences through travel and food.
Chicken Tikka Masala is probably at the top of most people’s Indian dish favorites. It’s impossible not to love with it’s rich, creamy, spicy tomato and flavor. I serve it over basmati rice with homemade naan.
This slow cooker recipe makes it even easier to make — only 5 minutes to prepare, and the result is amazing!
CONSIDER TRYING THESE POPULAR ETHNIC INSPIRED RECIPES:
Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- 2 lbs skinless chicken thighs
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/4 of a large onion , diced
- 3 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 8 oz cans tomato sauce
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 fresh jalapeño pepper optional, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro , chopped (optional)
- Hot cooked basmati rice, for serving
- Mix sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
- Place chicken thighs in slow cooker and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Cook on LOW for 6-7 hours.
- Shred chicken (discard any bones). Stir in coconut milk. Add cilantro.
- Serve over basmati rice.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.