BBQ Ranch Gilled Chicken and Veggie Bowls served over black bean rice with delicious grilled veggies, marinated and grilled chicken, and a delicious Hidden Valley® Honey BBQ Ranch® Dressing.
Why is it that once the warmer weather comes, all I want for dinner is something flavored with BBQ and/or ranch?! This Garlic Ranch Chicken Pizza is a family favorite on the weekends. Taco Salad is one of my go-to meals during the week, (especially this Shredded Chicken Taco Salad with Creamy Chipotle Ranch), and these BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches are also super easy and fun during the summer.
But one thing is always certain: once the warm weather rolls in I rely heavily on our barbecue for making dinner. Everything tastes better with that smokey, “fresh off the grill” taste.
I usually keep it simple by marinating chicken in something simple like BBQ sauce or Italian dressing. But one of our new favorites is marinating chicken in one of the Hidden Valley® new dressing flavors. Have you seen them at your local store? They have Cilantro Lime Ranch, Buffalo Ranch, Sriracha Ranch and Honey BBQ Ranch. Every single flavor is bold and DELICIOUS.
Each flavor has endless uses (besides just marinating chicken). They put a fun twist on everything from burgers, to tacos, to pasta salads, and everything in between. We also love dipping veggies in them.
I recently used the Hidden Valley® Honey BBQ Ranch® Dressing flavor to make these delicious BBQ Ranch Grilled Chicken and Veggie Bowls. These all-in-one dinner bowls got rave reviews from my family.
The sauce adds just the punch of flavor needed to take them from ordinary to awesome. My husband already requested that they make a regular appearance on our dinner menu.
Another great part about this meal is that you can prep most of it in advance, so that dinner can be ready in a flash! Marinate the chicken ahead of time and stick it in the fridge.
Chop all of the veggies ahead of time so that they’re ready to grill. Make the rice ahead of time and reheat it, if you want. You wont be disappointed by the end result of this easy, flavorful, veggie-packed dinner.
CONSIDER TRYING SOME OF MY OTHER FAVORITE “BOWL” RECIPES:
- Caribbean Jerk Chicken Bowls
- Spring Roll Bowls
- Coconut Curry Chicken and Veggie Bowls
- Chipotle Chicken Fajita Bowls
- Grilled Hawaiian Chicken Teriyaki Bowls
- Sweetfire Chipotle Chicken Bowls
- Honey- Lime Chipotle Chicken Fajita Bowls
BBQ Ranch Grilled Chicken and Veggie Bowls
For the chicken and veggies:
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
- 1 16 ounce bottle Hidden Valley® Honey BBQ Ranch® Dressing
- 1 zucchini , washed and sliced into 1/4'' thick rounds
- 1 red bell pepper washed, seeded and sliced
- 4 ears grilled corn on the cob or substitute 1 ½ cups cooked corn
- 1 avocado , peeled, seeded and sliced
- fresh cilantro for garnish, if desired
For the rice:
- 2 Tablespoons oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 1/2 cup onion , chopped
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 15 ounce can black beans , drained and rinsed
For the rice:
- Add oil to a saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and rice and saute, stirring frequently, for 3-5 minutes or until rice begins to get golden brown.
- Add cumin, chicken broth and black beans.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Remove lid and fluff gently with a fork. Set aside.
For the chicken and veggies:
- Meanwhile, place chicken in a shallow dish and baste with 1 heaping cup of Hidden Valley Honey BBQ Ranch Dressing.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- To grill the zucchini and bell peppers you can use a grill basket and cook them over medium heat on the grill, or use a grill pan on the stove. You can also cook the ears of corn on the grill or on the grill pan on the stove.
- After the veggies are cooked, add the marinated chicken to the grill over medium heat.
- Cook for several minutes, flipping once, until cooked through. Remove to a plate to rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Spoon cooked rice into bowls.
- Top with chopped, cooked chicken, grilled zucchini, bell peppers, corn and sliced avocado.
- Drizzle Honey BBQ Ranch Sauce on top. Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired.
- You might also like these Honey Lime Chipotle Chicken Fajita Bowls!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hidden Valley. The opinions and text are all mine.