One Pan Lemon Basil Chicken and Rice is a simple 30-minute meal the whole family will love! Plus, it’s made in one pan, making clean-up a cinch!
I try to post easy, family meal ideas every Monday. Meals my family actually eat often, and meals that everyone will love. I love to share that cooking dinner from scratch is not only delicious but it can be really easy too. Most the meal ideas I share are super simple, and most can be made in 30 minutes, or less! And One Pan meals take things to a whole new level of convenience!
Here are some of my favorite One Pan Meals:
This One Pan Lemon Basil Chicken and Rice is the best kind of comfort food! Simple, flavorful and delicious. My kids love it as much as anyone.
Consider trying these popular dinner recipes:
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Honey-Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- Italian Grilled Cheese
- Gourmet Baked Mac N Cheese with Bacon
- Crispy BBQ Chicken Wraps
One Pan Lemon Basil Chicken and Rice
For the Chicken:
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and dried basil.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet (with a fitted lid) over HIGH heat.
- Add the chicken and brown (sear) for only 1-2 minutes on each side, just until browned (chicken will not be cooked through.) Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add butter to the pan, reduce heat to medium. Stir the butter with a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits from the chicken.
- Add the rice and sauté for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add chicken broth, lemon juice, and 3 tablespoons of the fresh basil to the pan and stir. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Once boiling, place chicken on top, then cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for about 20 minutes until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Garnish with remaining tablespoon of fresh basil. Serve immediately.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.