Consider trying these popular Mexican recipes:
These enchiladas are one of our favorites! The filling includes marinated Honey lime chicken, black beans, corn, and cheese, rolled in tortillas and smothered in salsa verde.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 15 ounce can black beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn (fresh or frozen) cooked
- 16 ounce bottles Salsa verde
- 10 large flour tortillas
- 3-4 cups Monterey Jack Cheeses , shredded
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- sour cream
- fresh cilantro
- Boil chicken breasts until cooked through. Shred with a fork.
Whisk the marinade ingredients together.
Add the shredded chicken and allow to marinate for 15-30 minutes.
Remove chicken onto a plate, allowing excess marinade to drip back into the bowl.
Pour 1/4 cup of chili verde sauce into the bottom of a large casserole dish. Add the rest of the chili verde sauce to the bowl with the remaining marinade.
Fill the tortillas with a spoonful of chicken/veggie mixture, followed by a spoonful of shredded cheese, save about 1/2 cup of cheese to sprinkle on top of enchiladas, at the end.
Roll up the tortillas and place them in the pan, seam side down.
Pour the marinade/green chili sauce on top of the enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, then place under broiler for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is golden.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
I originally shared this recipe in February of 2014. I’ve updated the photos and recipe.
This post contains affiliate links. I love sharing great products with you!