Consider trying these popular Mexican recipes:
Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 15 ounce can black beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn (fresh or frozen) cooked
- 16 ounce bottles Salsa verde
- 10 large flour tortillas
- 3 cups Monterey Jack Cheeses , shredded
For the marinade:
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- sour cream
- fresh cilantro
- Cook chicken and shred with forks (or use leftover cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken).
- Whisk the marinade ingredients together in a liquid measuring cup (Should make about 1 cup). Add 2/3 cup of the marinade into the bowl with the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to several hours.
- Add chili verde sauce to the remaining 1/3 cup of marinade and stir to combine. If the green chiles are chunky I like to pulse the sauce with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Add beans, corn to the chicken mixture. Fill the tortillas with a spoonful of the chicken filling and sprinkle a generous handful of cheese on top (reserving about 1 cup of cheese for topping on the enchiladas at the end).
- Roll up the tortillas and place them in the pan, seam side down.
- Pour the green chili sauce on top of the enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, then place under broiler for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is golden.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
I originally shared this recipe in February of 2014. I’ve updated the photos and recipe.
This post contains affiliate links. I love sharing great products with you!