Shredded Brussels Sprouts take just minutes to cook and are loaded with the good stuff (protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals)!
This blog used to be run by my sister and I as a team. We’re identical twins, and she’s my best friend in the whole world (besides my husband 😉 ) She is the best Health teacher in Utah (I’m her sister so I get to totally talk her up, right?!) and she’s an awesome cook.
She ended up being to busy to do the blog with me, but she’s still my main consultant 🙂 I have to give her full credit for this recipe. She perfected it first, and since then it has become a favorite in both of our families.
I could eat these shredded Brussels Sprouts every. single. night. Honestly, they are my favorite vegetable–and this is my absolute favorite way to cook them. And the best part is they literally take 5 minutes to cook. (If you’re familiar with Brussels sprouts, they usually take much longer!). They’re so simple and go with pretty much anything.
CONSIDER SERVING THIS WITH:
Shredded Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic , minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 1/4 cup water
- Shred/chop Brussels Sprouts very finely with a knife.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add Brussels sprouts and sauté over high heat for 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add water, cover with lid and cook on medium heat for 1-2 min. Stir.
- Cover again and cook 1-2 min more. Season with more salt and pepper if needed. Serve warm.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.