These simple Key Lime Pie Bars have a simple, three ingredient graham cracker crust with a homemade key lime pie filling on top.
You know how most people love Thanksgiving food because of the Turkey, stuffing mashed potatoes etc? I love Thanksgiving because of the PIE. It’s all I care about.We’d have 30 different kind of pies at our Thanksgiving feast.
I’d get to try a sliver of how ever many kinds I wanted. Talk about complete BLISS! Key lime pie has always been a favorite. I just really love the more tart pies, like this Lemon Sour Cream Pie, or my Grandma’s Lemon Chiffon Pie.
I love the idea of serving pie in “bar” form for summer parties. These Key Lime Pie Bars are super easy and oh so very tasty! They appear “fancy” but they’re the perfect dessert for even the most amateur bakers. They’re that easy. And did I mention how delicious they are? They are SO GOOD!
LOVE PIE? CONSIDER TRYING THESE POPULAR PIE RECIPES:
- Apple Pie Cheesecake Bars
- Cherry pie
- Lemon Sour Cream Pie
- Pumpkin Pie with Caramel Pecan Topping
- Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake Pie
Key Lime Pie Bars
For the crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 12 full sheets, crushed)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter , melted
Key lime filling:
- 2 14 ounce cans sweetened condensed milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 3/4 cup key lime juice*
- zest of 2 regular limes , or 4 key limes
- fresh whipped cream , for topping, optional
For the Crust:
- For the crust, Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter and press into an 8'' square baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. Allow to cool before adding filling.
For the Filling:
- Add cream cheese to a mixing bowl and beat well with electric beaters until smooth. Add both cans of sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, and lime zest and mix again until smooth.
- Pour over prepared graham cracker crust and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Allow to cool for about 30 minutes, then refrigerate for at least 3 hours, before serving.
- Top with fresh whipped cream, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.