These perfect Pecan Bars are a thick shortbread soft cookie bar topped with the most amazing candy-like caramel pecan topping.
When I was younger I didn’t like any kind of nuts. I tolerated pistachios at Christmas time, but that was about it. I still can’t stand the thought of a Snickers bars, but for the most part, I’ve grown to love them–especially pecans!
I’ve been a little pecan happy lately. Some of my favorite recipes using pecans (all which are perfect for Thanksgiving!) include:
I wasn’t completely sure how these Pecan Bars were going to turn out, but they blew me away. A thick shortbread soft cookie bar with the most amazing candy-like caramel pecan topping.
They are absolutely delicious and I can’t wait to make them again! I stored them in the fridge and they tasted great for several days.
CONSIDER TRYING THESE HOMEMADE PIES:
- Cherry pie
- Lemon Sour Cream Pie
- Pumpkin Pie with Caramel Pecan Topping
- Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake Pie
- Key Lime Pie
- Chocolate Cream Pie
- Oreo Cheesecake Pie
- Lemon Chiffon Pie
- Coconut Cream Pie
- Triple Berry Pie
For the Crust
- 1 1/4 cups butter (2 1/2 sticks), room temperature
- 6 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For the topping:
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1/2 cup Karo light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar , packed
- 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 pound pecans , chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the crust, cream the butter and granulated sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt. And add to the mixing bowl. Mix just until dough is combined.
- Flour your hands and press the dough evenly into 9x13'' baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the crust is set but not browned. Allow to cool.
- For the topping, add the butter, corn syrup, and brown sugar to a saucepan over low heat and stir until butter is melted.
- Raise the heat and boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream and chopped pecans.
- Pour over the crust and smooth into an even layer.
- Bake for 20 to 27 minutes or until the filling is set. Allow to cool completely.
- Then cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into bars and serve.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.