Delicious sweet Blackberry Cobbler made with juicy berries and the best cobbler topping. Enjoy this recipe any time of year, using fresh or frozen blackberries for an easy, comforting dessert.
Why I love this recipe:
- Quick – It’s so fast and easy and a great recipe for kids to make, or to pre-measure the ingredients and throw together in your dutch oven while camping.
- Uses Basic Pantry Ingredients.
- Enjoy All Year – For this cobbler, you can use fresh or frozen blackberries. So feel free to enjoy it any time of year!
How to make Blackberry Cobbler:
Melt Butter: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place sliced butter in a 9×13 baking dish and place in preheating oven until melted.
Make Batter: Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the milk then pour the mixture into the pan, over the melted butter and smooth it into an even layer.
Add Blackberries: Drop blackberries on top. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar on top, and then a little sprinkle of cinnamon.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until golden and slightly crisp on top. Serve homemade blackberry cobbler warm, with a scoop of ice cream, if desired.
Storage and Reheating Instructions:
To Store: Blackberry Cobbler is best enjoyed warm, right after it’s baked. Store leftover cobbler covered in the fridge for 4-5 days.
To Freeze: Freeze the baked cobbler for up to 3 months, covered well with aluminum foil. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and warm in the oven before serving.
To Reheat: The microwave or oven can be used to reheat this easy cobbler. To reheat it in the oven, remove it from the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes, or until warmed through. Place tinfoil over it if it starts browning too much.
- Substitute fresh or frozen raspberries.
- Try my Blueberry Cobbler, Peach Cobbler or Apple Cobbler
- Try adding a crispy oat topping like with my Triple Berry Crisp, Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp, Peach Crisp, Apple Crisp.
Follow me for more great recipes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Slice butter into pieces and add to a 9×13 inch baking dish. Place the pan in the oven while it preheats, to allow the butter to melt. Once melted, remove the pan from the oven.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar (1 cup minus 1 tablespoons of sugar – reserve the tablespoon for sprinkling on top at the end), baking powder, and salt. Stir in the milk, just until combined. Pour the mixture into the pan, over the melted butter and smooth it into an even layer.
- Drop blackberries on top. Sprinkle reserved 1 tablespoons of sugar on top, and then a little sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until golden and slightly crisp on top. Serve warm, with a scoop of ice cream, if desired.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
This post contains affiliate links.