My favorite EASY Lemon Bars recipe is made with a buttery shortbread crust and creamy lemon filling.
The PERFECT lemon bars with a thick, soft and chewy shortbread crust and a lemon filling that is perfectly sweet and creamy, without being overly “tangy”.
How to make easy lemon bars:
- Mix the butter and powdered sugar together until well combined.
- Add the flour and salt and mix just until combined.
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom of an 8 inch square baking dish. Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- For the filling, combine the lemon zest and sugar in a bowl. Add lemon juice, flour, baking powder, and eggs and mix well until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the lemon filling into the baked crust and bake again for 20 more minutes or until the lemon filling is set.
- Remove the lemon bars from the oven and allow them to cool completely before dusting with powdered sugar and serving.
- Store lemon bars in the refrigerator.
Consider trying these popular desserts:
- German Chocolate Cake
- Snickerdoodles Bars
- Mississippi Mud Brownies
- Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake
- Mrs. Fields Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Apple Crisp
Perfect Lemon Bars
- 1/2 cup butter , at room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- dash of salt
- Zest of one large lemon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom of an 8'' pan with parchment paper, or grease with cooking spray and set aside
- For the crust: In a mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and powdered sugar. Add the flour and salt and mix on low speed, just until combined.
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared dish. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While the crust cools, make the lemon filling.
- Mix the lemon zest and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add the lemon juice, flour, baking powder, and eggs. Mix until well combined and the sugar is dissolved. Pour mixture over crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 more minutes, or until the filling has set. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before cutting and serving. Store lemon bars in the refrigerator.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.