S’more Cookie Bars are a thick and chewy bars with marshmallow creme and chocolate layered between layers of graham cracker cookie dough. You can enjoy S’mores any time of year with these delicious and EASY cookie bars!
I first shared this s’more cookie bars recipe several years ago after a friend of mine made them for a party. Everyone at the party went NUT over them, including me! They’re soft, thick and chewy and have that same great taste we all love from a campfire s’more.
These s’more bars are very easy to make. The dough is simple, and you can even buy a container of graham cracker crumbs, instead of crushing your own.
Be sure to use marshmallow creme (sometimes called marshmallow fluff), instead of real marshmallows. If you use real marshmallow they wont be able to withstand the heat while baking, and they will just disintegrate and you wont be able to taste them.
How to make S’more Bars:
Make the graham cracker cookie dough.
Line a 9×13” pan with parchment paper. This will make the bars easier to remove from the pan and cut.
Press half of the cookie dough evenly into the bottom of the pan. Spread marshmallow creme on top of the cookie dough. If the marshmallow creme gets really sticky you can dip your spoon in hot water (shake off excess water) and it will help to spread it easier.
(It will be difficult, but,) be sure to allow the cookies to cool completely! Otherwise, you will end up with a melted, gooey mess.
These S’more Cookie Bars are the perfect blend of a thick and chewy graham cracker cookie, mixed with gooey melted marshmallow and chocolate! They are to die for!
CONSIDER TRYING THESE POPULAR DESSERTS:
S'more Cookie Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar , packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme or fluff*
- 3 4.4 ounce Hershey's chocolate bars , or 2 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease really well a 9x13'' baking dish (you could line it with foil if you want, but mine turn out great when I make sure to grease the pan well).
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the flour mixture, mixing until combined.
- Press HALF of the dough mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Dollop the marshmallow creme on top and gently spread into an even layer. If the marshmallow creme gets really sticky you can dip your spoon in hot water (shake off excess water) and it will help to spread it easier.
- Break the chocolate bars into pieces and layer over the marshmallow (or sprinkle with chocolate chips). Gently spread the remaining dough over the chocolate.
- No need to try and spread the dough into an even layer--the marshmallow and chocolate should peek through!
- Bake for 28-32 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before cutting and serving.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
*I first shared this post in July 2014. Updated June 2018.