Oreo Magic Bars – Seven simple layers of Oreo chocolate bliss starting with an Oreo crust, three different types of chocolate chips, coconut and nuts. This is the EASIEST dessert, and always a party favorite.
I have been super conscious about what I’m eating lately, but when the weekend comes (especially Sunday nights) I’m usually in the mood for a sugar fix. Something completely delicious to satisfy my cravings. And, if I can include Oreo cookies somehow then I’m making my husband and myself very, very happy!
These Oreo Magic Bars are just that–magical! If you’ve ever had a “hello dolly bar” they are basically the same thing, but instead of a graham cracker crust you use an Oreo crust. My husband is the one who got me hooked onto these little beauties while ago, and he’s a little bit obsessed with them.
There’s no eggs or flour, just seven layers of cookie, chocolate, coconut bliss.
They are incredibly easy to throw together (just watch the short video below as evidence!). You crush 30 whole Oreo cookies to make a thick, chewy and delicious crust. Then you layer the rest of the ingredients on top and bake them for a short time to melt all of the delicious layers together. You can’t mess them up. And you’ll completely love every. single. bite.
Consider trying these popular Oreo treats:
Oreo Magic Bars
- 30 Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup butter , melted
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup butterscotch chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 heaping cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup chocolate chips , milk, semi-sweet or a little of both
- ½ cup pecan halves (or walnuts, optional
- Place Oreo cookies in food processor and pulse until fine crumbs (it should make about 3 cups). Pour crumbs into a mixing bowl.
- Add melted butter and stir to combine. Press mixture firmly into a 9x13'' baking pan and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Remove pan from the fridge. Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over the crust and smooth evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle butterscotch and white chocolate chips evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle coconut flakes next. Top with chocolate chips and nuts.
- Bake for about 23-25 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Cut into bars or refrigerate until ready to serve. Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to several days.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.