Condensed “Cream of Anything” Soup is the homemade replacement for any Condensed Cream of Soup recipes. This recipe makes the equivalent of one (10.75 oz) can.
Get excited people, because this recipe is awesome! The next time you come across a recipe that calls for condensed cream of _________ (fill in the blank), and you don’t have some on hand, make this super EASY homemade version! It works for any type of cream of soups including cream of chicken, cream of broccoli, and cream of mushroom, and the best part is that you probably already have all of these ingredients.
You can make small adjustments to cater to each specific soup, but the base recipe makes an awesome substitution for any of them! The homemade version, not surprisingly tastes way better than the canned stuff too. Because that’s what happens when you cook from scratch 😉
- 1 cup cold milk
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ⅛ black pepper
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp dried parsley
- In a small saucepan whisk together milk and cornstarch. Add butter, bouillon, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and parsley.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Once boiling, simmer for 30 more seconds to thicken.
- Use in recipes to replace one (10.75 oz) can of cream of (anything) soup.
- Stir in one (4 oz) can of mushroom pieces to the finished recipe.
- Use recipe as is. Optional*, stir in 1/4 cup cooked, diced chicken pieces to the finished recipe.
- Stir in 1/2 cup sautéd, chopped celery to the finished recipe.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.