Easy Beef Stroganoff that can be made in less than 30-minutes. A delicious, kid-friendly meal that your entire family will love!
I’m going straight back to my childhood with this easy homemade beef stroganoff. Is it fancy? No. Is it gourmet? Not at all. But, is it something your family (of any age) will happily eat, and ask for seconds? YES! This easy beef stroganoff is one of those classic recipes that’s perfect for busy weeknights.
How to make beef stroganoff:
To make stroganoff, you brown the beef, garlic, and onion, then add mushrooms and broth and let it simmer. Once it’s finished cooking you stir in sour cream and serve it over egg noodles. This is a go-to quick weeknight meal for our family.
I don’t use steak in this recipe because I hardly ever have steak sitting around for a dinner like this. But I usually always have some ground beef in my freezer, just begging to be helpful during the crazy dinner rush. If you don’t want to use cream of mushroom soup I have linked to my easy homemade cream of mushroom soup recipe. I have also found that Greek yogurt is a great substitution for sour cream!
I’ve got to admit that I’m slowing down. I’m 8 months pregnant and starting to feel it! I have to plan dinner ahead of time, otherwise I’m just not up to it at the end of the day. Beef stroganoff is the perfect type of dinner for this crazy time of year. It’s cheap, easy to make, and delicious!
Consider trying these popular dinner recipes:
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Honey-Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- Italian Grilled Cheese
- Gourmet Baked Mac N Cheese with Bacon
- Crispy BBQ Chicken Wraps
Easy Beef Stroganoff
- 1 pound lean ground beef you could also use ground turkey
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms , sliced
- 10.5 ounce can cream of mushroom soup (or homemade)
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1/3 cup sour cream (or greek yogurt)
- fresh parsley leaves , for garnish
- Cooked egg noodles or rice for serving
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and season with salt and pepper.
- Add onion and garlic and cook, breaking the meat up into small pieces, until it is nearly browned, but still slightly pink. Drain any excess grease.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms are browned and slightly soft and the meat is cooked through.
- Add the homemade or canned cream of mushroom soup and beef broth and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, allowing the mixture to bubble and simmer, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream, parsley and additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles or hot, cooked rice. Sprinkle with fresh parsley, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.