This Easy Instant Pot Stroganoff is made with ground beef, mushrooms, and onions, cooked together with egg noodles all in the instant pot. A truly easy “dump it and forget it” instant pot recipe.
Easy Instant Pot Stroganoff
As I’ve been continually developing easy instant pot recipes, I’ve realized I need a few more instant pot ground beef recipes. I also love making all in one instant pot recipes that really highlight the beauty of the instant pot. This Instant Pot Stroganoff is everything I hoped it would be and so much more.
You’ll notice that other instant pot stroganoff recipes use steak or beef stew meat. This recipe is adapted from my stove-top stroganoff recipe because I wanted to make a ground beef stroganoff recipe for the instant pot. I love that this recipe uses ground beef instead of steak because it’s cheap, convenient and easier to make than other instant pot stroganoff recipes.
Other instant pot stroganoff recipes require you to pressure cook the steak before also pressure cooking the whole meal. The method I use is way easier and is ready in less than 30 minutes! My husband officially dubbed this his new favorite instant pot recipe. Let me teach you how to use your instant pot!
How to make Instant Pot Stroganoff:
- Sauté the ground beef. Turn Instant Pot to sauté. Once the pot is hot, spray the bottom with cooking spray (or add a little oil), and add ground beef. Brown the meat, breaking it into small pieces as it cooks, and season it with salt and pepper. Remove any excess grease.
- Add onion, garlic, mushrooms. sauté. for 1 minute.
- Add flour, cream of mushroom soup, beef broth, and noodles. Stir to combine.
- Pressure cook 2 minutes. Quick release.
- Stir in sour cream, parsley, salt and pepper.
How to double instant pot stroganoff:
To double instant pot stroganoff, simply double all of the ingredients but keep the cooking time the same! (The instant pot will just take a little longer to come to pressure).
Can you freeze beef stroganoff?
I wouldn’t recommend freezing this recipe because I don’t think it tastes great reheated from frozen. If you do decide to freeze it, do so before you add the sour cream.
Can I make this Instant Pot recipe on the stovetop?
Yes! If you don’t have an instant pot, you can easily make this recipe on the stovetop with my Easy Beef Stroganoff recipe.
Looking for more instant pot recipes? Some of my favorites include:
Easy Instant Pot Stroganoff
- 1 pound ground beef (or ground turkey or ground pork)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms , sliced
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 10.5 ounce can cream of mushroom soup (or homemade)
- 2 1/4 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 8 ounces wide egg noodle
- 1/3 cup sour cream (or Greek Yogurt)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped parsley , chopped
- Turn Instant Pot to saute. Once the pot is hot, spray the bottom with cooking spray (or add a little oil), and add ground beef. Brown the meat, breaking it into small pieces as it cooks, and season it with salt and pepper. Remove any excess grease.
- Add onion, garlic and sliced mushrooms and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the flour, homemade or canned cream of mushroom soup, beef broth, and noodles and stir to combine.
- Secure instant pot lid, and turn valve to sealed position. Cook on Manual Setting or High Pressure Setting for 2 minutes.
- When pressure cooking is complete, use a quick release. (If liquid sprays from the knob, close knob, wait 30 seconds then release pressure again. You may also turn knob half way so only a small amount of steam is being released.)
- Carefully remove the lid and stir mixture. Allow the mixture to cool for a few minutes, then stir in sour cream, parsley, additional salt and pepper to taste.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Check out my webstory!
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?!
RATE THIS RECIPE AND COMMENT BELOW! I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR EXPERIENCE.
This post contains affiliate links.