I can’t think of anything more comforting, warm and hearty than this delicious Beef Noodle Soup made with egg noodles, vegetables, and slow cooked tender bites of beef. It only takes a few minutes of prepare and can be made cooked on the stove, in the slow cooker, or in the Instant Pot!
Why I love this recipe:
- Easy – Only 15 minutes of prep!
- Pantry Ingredients – All you need is a roast and a handful of pantry staples!
- Cooking Methods – This soup can be made in the Instant Pot, slow cooker, or on the stove!
How to make Beef Noodle Soup:
Sear Meat: Trim any large fat pieces from the roast and cut into 1 inch cubes. Add oil to a large pot over high heat. Season beef on all sides with salt and pepper. Once oil is hot, add beef to the pot and sear on all sides.
Make Soup: Stir in beef broth, onion soup mix, rosemary, thyme, and garlic cloves. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 1 hour.
Add Vegetables: Stir in mushroom soup, celery and carrots and cook for another 20 minutes.
Add Noodles: Add egg noodles and cook for 5-10, minutes, until tender.
Storage and Freezing Instructions:
To Store: Leftovers will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat on the stove or in the microwave.
To Freeze: Make the soup up until adding the noodles. Freeze without the noodles for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator then reheat on the stovetop and add uncooked noodles.
- Slow Cooker Beef Noodle Soup: Sear beef and sauté onion in a pot as directed. Add to slow cooker along with beef broth, onion soup mix, and garlic cloves. Cover and cook for 6 hours on LOW. Add mushroom soup, carrots and celery and continue to cook on LOW for 1 hour. Taste broth and season with salt and pepper or additional spices, to taste. Add uncooked noodles and cook for an additional hour on LOW, or until noodles are tender.
- Instant Pot Beef Soup: Set Instant Pot to sauté. Add oil and once hot, sear beef on all sides. Add onion and cook. Turn pot off. Stir in mushroom soup, carrots, celery, beef broth, onion soup mix, and garlic cloves. Secure lid, turn valve to sealed and pressure cook for 45 minutes with a natural pressure release. Turn pot to sauté setting and stir in noodles. Cook until noodles are tender, about 5-10 minutes.
Follow me for more great recipes
Beef Noodle Soup
- 2-3 lb beef roast ,
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 8 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 envelope onion soup mix , or homemade
- ½ teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 3-4 cloves garlic , minced
- 10.5 oz can cream of mushroom soup , or homemade
- 2 large carrots , peeled and chopped
- 2 ribs celery , chopped
- 24 oz good quality egg noodles or homemade
- Salt and pepper , to taste
- Sauteed mushrooms , optional*
- Trim any large fat pieces from the roast and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Add oil to a large pot or dutch oven over high heat. Season beef on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Once oil is hot, add beef to the pot and sear on all sides.
- Stir in beef broth, onion soup mix, rosemary, thyme, and garlic cloves. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 1 hour.
- Add mushroom soup, celery and carrots and cook for another 20 minutes. Add egg noodles and cook for 5-10, minutes, until tender. Stir in sautéed mushrooms before serving, if desired.
- Leftover soup will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!