My family loves this Cheeseburger Salad. It has all of our favorite burger toppings layered onto a delicious, hearty salad.
If you’re not entering into warmer weather like we are here in Saint Louis, I’m so sorry. I’ve been enjoying this warm spring weather so much and we’ve already fired up the grill several times over the last two weeks. Some of my favorite recipes for the grill include:
- BBQ Chicken Drumsticks
- How to Grill the Perfect Steak
- Grilled Corn on the Cob
- Steak Kebabs
- Greek Chicken Kebabs
This past Christmas my in-laws gave us an awesome bundle of meats from Omaha Steaks. Such a great gift idea for people in your life that love to grill, especially during the summer! Included in the bundle were some delicious burger patties.
We’ve made ourselves some amazing hamburgers with them, and I love how easy it makes dinner to already have frozen patties ready to go. The other night I wanted to mix it up and eat mine on a salad, instead of a bun. Knocked my socks off. It was SO good. Possibly my new favorite way to eat a burger.
I can’t wait to try these with my delicious homemade black bean burgers on top of this salad. You could also use turkey burgers or salmon burgers.
Consider trying these popular salad recipes:
- Classic Wedge Salad
- Healthy Chicken Pasta Salad
- Creamy Pesto Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
- Waldorf Salad
- Thai Quinoa Salad
For the salad:
- 5-6 cups mixed greens lettuce
- 1 -2 tomatoes , sliced (or cherry tomatoes)
- 1/2 small onion , sliced
- 1 avocado , peeled and sliced
- 2 dill pickles , sliced
- 4 hamburger patties (*see note)
- 4 slices cheddar cheese , plus more shredded for topping, if desired
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (or use half mayo and half greek yogurt)
- 2 Tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2-3 Tablespoons ketchup , to taste
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- 2-3 teaspoons barbecue sauce , to taste
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Season the hamburger patties with salt and pepper on both sides. Grill to desired doneness.
- Place a slice of cheese on top of each to melt.
- Divide lettuce among 4 serving bowls.
- Chop each cheeseburger into bite-size pieces and place on the salads.
- Top with tomato, onion, avocado and pickles.
- Add desired amount of dressing and toss to combine.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.