Happy Wednesday guys! I’ve been dying–DYING to share this salad with you all. I’ve been on a total kale craze lately, and I really love it in salads, mixed with spinach blend. This Roasted Butternut Squash Salad is seriously the best salad you’ll eat this fall.
I’m telling the honest truth when I admit that I have eaten this Roasted Butternut Squash Salad every single day for lunch for the past 6 days. I’m a little bit obsessed with it. Not only is it gorgeous and healthy, but it’s super filling too. The flavor combination is perfect: fresh greens topped with roasted squash, crispy bacon, onions, cranberries and pecans with a sweet and tangy balsamic vinaigrette. It’s the BEST!
- 1 (1 ½-pound) butternut squash, peeled and chopped into 3/4-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3-4 heaping cups chopped kale (ribs removed)
- 3-4 heaping cups chopped spinach
- 6 slices bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 of a red onion , thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper , to taste
For the vinaigrette, whisk all ingredients together and refrigerate until ready to use.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread butternut squash pieces into a single layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to coat and then roast for 20-25 minutes, tossing once during cooking, until squash is tender. Allow to cool while you prepare the rest of the salad.
Add kale and spinach to a large salad bowl. Top with remaining salad ingredients Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss gently.
Try some of my other favorite salads: