A traditional Waldorf Salad with crisp apples, grapes, celery and walnuts in a creamy dressing.
Waldorf Salad is one of those classic recipes I’ve been wanting to share here for a while. It’s especially popular during the holidays as a side dish at Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. There are tons of different versions of Waldorf Salad, but most usually include apples, celery, grapes and nuts in a mayonnaise based dressing.
- 1 red apple honey crisp, red delicious, unpeeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 green apple golden delicious, unpeeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 rib celery sliced
- 1 cup red seedless grapes halved
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup walnut halves
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise or half Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- black pepper to taste
- Bib lettuce or large lettuce leaves
In a large bowl toss the apples in lemon juice. Add celery, grapes, raisins and walnuts
In a separate bowl stir together the mayonnaise, sugar, red wine vinegar and pepper. Taste and adjust to your liking with a little extra mayonnaise or more vinegar. Coat apple mixture in desired amount of dressing (you may not want to use it all).
Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve cold, on top of bib lettuce or large lettuce leaf.