A traditional Waldorf Salad with crisp apples, grapes, celery and walnuts in a creamy dressing.
Waldorf Salad is one of those classic recipes I’ve been wanting to share here for a while. It’s especially popular during the holidays as a side dish at Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. There are tons of different versions of Waldorf Salad, but most usually include apples, celery, grapes and nuts in a mayonnaise based dressing.
Consider trying these popular salad recipes:
- Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
- Healthy Chicken Pasta Salad
- Tomato Cucumber Salad
- Mushroom Bacon Swiss Salad
- More Salad Recipes
- 1 red apple , honey crisp, red delicious, unpeeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 green apple , golden delicious, unpeeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 rib celery , sliced
- 1 cup red seedless grapes , halved
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup walnut halves
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (or half Greek yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- Boston Bib lettuce , or romaine lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl toss the apples in lemon juice. Add celery, grapes, raisins and walnuts
- In a separate bowl stir together the mayonnaise, sugar, red wine vinegar and pepper. Taste and adjust to your liking with a little extra mayonnaise or more vinegar.
- Coat apple mixture in desired amount of dressing (you may not want to use it all).
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve cold, on top of bib lettuce or large lettuce leaf.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.