A great tip to make this recipe even easier is to chop all of the veggies the day before. Also, cook the quinoa the night before so it can cool in the fridge. You can also make the peanut dressing several days in advance, if you want. Store it in an airtight container, in the fridge.
Add the dressing to the salad gradually, to taste. You may not want to use it all. Also, I wouldn’t add the dressing until right before you’re going to serve the salad. And my last tip: save the cashews until the end, right when you’re ready to serve, so that they stay crunchy.
Consider trying these popular salad recipes:
- Classic Wedge Salad
- Healthy Chicken Pasta Salad
- Creamy Pesto Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
- Waldorf Salad
Quinoa tossed with a medley of fresh, crunchy veggies and drizzled with a delicious peanut sauce. Everyone always loves this fun and delicious and easy quinoa salad.
- ¾ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 heaping cup red cabbage , shredded
- 1 red bell pepper , diced
- 1/4 cup red onion , chopped
- 1 cup carrots , shredded
- 1 cup edamame , shelled
- ½ cup cilantro , chopped
- 2 green onions , chopped
- ½ cup cashew halves
- ¼ cup peanut butter , crunchy or smooth
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sriracha hot sauce
- Water to thin if necessary
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. You should have a little over 2 cups of quinoa.
Add peanut butter and honey to a microwave safe bowl and heat in microwave for 10-20. Stir until smooth.
Add in ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, olive oil and sriracha and stir until smooth and creamy.
If necessary, thin the dressing by adding a little more olive oil or some water. Taste and add more hot sauce, if desired.
- Drizzle half of the dressing over the cooked and cooled quinoa. Toss to combine.
In a large bowl combine the red pepper, onion, cabbage, carrots, edamame, and cilantro.
Fold in the quinoa. Add as much of the remaining dressing as you'd like (to taste). Add cashews and garnish with green onions. Enjoy.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.