This simple and delicious Watermelon Salad includes feta cheese, blueberries and fresh basil, with a hint of lime. Not only is it beautiful (and patriotic), it pairs with any summer meal!
I love to liven up my summer side dishes (especially for a potluck or BBQ) with this beautiful and delicious Watermelon Salad. It’s a fun twist to a traditional fruit salad, and everyone loves the flavor combination!
Watermelon: To choose a ripe watermelon find the big field spot where the watermelon was resting as it grew and look for one with a creamy yellow spot, rather than white, indicating it’s ripe. Then knock on it; you should feel a firm thud (not soft and dull), to make sure it’s not overripe.
Feta Cheese: feta is mild and slightly salty which pairs perfectly with the sweetness of fresh watermelon.
Blueberries: I love the pop for flavor they add and color, making the salad a patriotic red, white and blue.
Basil: Fresh basil (rather than dried) is a must! You could substitute fresh mint.
Lime juice: fresh squeezed is best for the freshest flavor.
How to make Watermelon Salad:
- Slice and cube watermelon and add to a large bowl. Add basil, blueberries, feta, and lightly toss.
- Drizzle lime juice on top. Enjoy!
Make it a meal and serve Watermelon Salad with:
- Grilled Chicken, Steak, Burgers, Kebabs or Ribs
- Grilled Corn on the Cob, or Elote
- Baked Beans
- Potato Salad
- Pasta Salad
- 8 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves , chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Place watermelon in a large bowl. Add basil, blueberries, feta, and lightly toss.
- Drizzle lime juice on top. Serve. Leftovers will last in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
I originally shared this recipe June 2016. Updated June 2020 with new photos and helpful tips.