Creamy, crunchy Broccoli Apple Salad made with fresh broccoli florets, apples, dried cranberries, almonds, sunflower seeds and onion tossed in a creamy poppyseed dressing.
Why I love this Recipe:
- Fresh flavors and colors: This Apple Broccoli Salad recipe is one of my go-to side dishes because it tastes as good as it looks.
- EASY: Just combine everything in a bowl and toss together. It’s the easiest side dish, and you can even make it ahead of time.
- Serve with anything! It’s the perfect accompaniment to a holiday ham, prime rib, or turkey, dinner, but it’s also a great option for a casual side for a BBQ or simple weeknight meal.
How to make Broccoli Apple Salad:
Make Dressing: Whisk together all dressing ingredients until smooth.
Combine: In a large bowl toss together broccoli, apples, red onion, almonds, sunflower seeds, and dried cranberries.
Pour Dressing: Drizzle the dressing, just a little at a time, over the salad and toss to combine.
Chill for at least one hour before serving. This broccoli apple salad recipe is great with practically any main dish and something everyone enjoys!
Make Ahead Instructions
This is a great salad to make several hours of a day ahead of time, as the flavors will blend together the longer it rests. The dressing can be made 1 week ahead of time, stored in the fridge.
More popular salad recipes:
- Classic Wedge Salad
- Healthy Chicken Pasta Salad
- Creamy Pesto Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
- Waldorf Salad
- Thai Quinoa Salad
Follow me for more great recipes
Broccoli Apple Salad
- 2 heads fresh broccoli , chopped into small florets (about 4 cups)
- 2 apples , chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup red onion , diced
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl toss together broccoli, apples, red onion, almonds, sunflower seeds, and dried cranberries.
- Make Dressing: Whisk together all ingredients until smooth. Drizzle the dressing, just a little at a time, over the salad and toss to combine. Chill for at least one hour before serving.
- Cheese: cubed cheddar cheese, shredded parmesan or feta.
- Nuts: use your favorite kind, like pecan or walnuts.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
I originally shared this recipe September 2016. Updated March 2021 and September 2023.
This post contains affiliate links.