Pesto Pasta Salad with fresh tomatoes, mozzarella and pesto. An easy summer side dish with only 5 ingredients!
Happy Memorial Day! Hopefully you’re spending the day with family, remembering loved ones who’ve passed on and enjoying beautiful weather and BBQ’s! Side dishes like this Pesto Pasta Salad become staples throughout the summer months, don’t they?
When we’re grilling burgers and hot dogs I’m always a fan of having something light and fresh to accompany them. Some of my other favorite easy, healthy summer side dishes include:
I love adding homemade basil pesto to this recipe but it’s delicious with a high quality store-bought pesto too. If you’re looking for a super fast and easy summer side dish that’s packed with flavor, this one is for you!
Consider trying these pasta salad recipes:
- Healthy Chicken Pasta Salad
- Creamy Pesto Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Italian Pasta Salad
- BBQ Chicken Pasta Salad
- Pasta Primavera
Pesto Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta , whole wheat or white
- 3/4 -1 cups basil pesto , or store bought
- 1 cup grape tomatoes , halved
- 2 mini cucumbers , sliced
- 1 cup yellow cherry tomatoes , halved
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese , cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add pasta to a large bowl and stir in pesto.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber and fresh mozzarella cubes and toss to combine.
- Top with parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with extra sprigs of fresh basil, if desired. Enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.