Pesto Pasta Salad with fresh tomatoes, mozzarella and pesto. An easy summer side dish with only 5 ingredients! | Tastes Better From Scratch
Happy Memorial Day! Hopefully you’re spending the day with family, remembering loved ones who’ve passed on and enjoying beautiful weather and BBQ’s! Side dishes like this Pesto Pasta Salad become staples throughout the summer months, don’t they? When we’re grilling burgers and hot dogs I’m always a fan of having something light and fresh to accompany them. Some of my other favorite easy, healthy summer side dishes include:
I love adding homemade basil pesto to this recipe but it’s delicious with a high quality store-bought pesto too. If you’re looking for a super fast and easy summer side dish that’s packed with flavor, this one is for you!
- 8 ounces uncooked farfalle noodles , whole wheat or white
- 3/4 - 1 cup basil pesto , or store bought
- 1 cup grape tomatoes , halved
- 1 cup yellow cherry tomatoes , halved
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese , cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Add pasta to a large bowl and stir in pesto. Add tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cubes and toss to combine. Top with parmesan cheese. Garnish with extra sprigs of fresh basil, if desired. Enjoy!
Never miss a post! Follow Tastes Better From Scratch on: