Delicious slow cooker shredded chicken layered on a delicious taco salad packed with fresh veggies and drizzled with a Chipotle Ranch Crema.
I’m a sucker for big, delicious salads loaded with protein and tons of veggies. Here are some of my favorites!:
Taco salads are a go-to at our house because they’re so adaptable, depending on what you have on hand. I honestly add whatever fresh veggies I have in the fridge. And slow cooker shredded chicken is super duper easy. Just let your slow cooker do all the work! My husband loves a big dollop of sour cream and salsa on his salad, but I love this chipotle ranch crema sauce!
Sometimes I’ll make my taco salad into more of a burrito bowl with a tortilla on the bottom, some cilantro-lime rice and then the chicken, lettuce and vegetables. However you choose to adapt your taco salad, it will be delicious! It’s perfect for picky kids, and your whole family will love it!
- 2 lbs slow cooker shredded chicken
- 2-3 romaine hearts , chopped (about 9 cups of chopped lettuce)
- 1 cucumber , peeled and sliced
- 1 large red or yellow bell pepper , diced
- 3 green onions , chopped
- 2-3 roma tomatoes , chopped
- 1 avocado peeled , seeded and chopped
- 1 can black beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn , drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro , for topping
- tortilla strips or crushed tortilla chips , for topping
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Hidden Valley Ranch Mix
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Make the chipotle ranch cream by combining all ingredients and mixing until smooth. This can be made a few days in advance.
For the tacos salads, place a big handful of lettuce in the bottom of each serving bowl. Top with a spoonful of black beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, green onions, and bell pepper. Add a big spoonful of shredded taco chicken. Top with some chopped cilantro and tortilla strips. Drizzle with chipotle ranch crema. Top with tortilla strips of crushed tortilla chips.
You may also like: