Shredded chicken taco salad with chipotle ranch crema is shredded chicken layered on a delicious taco salad packed with fresh veggies and drizzled with a Chipotle Ranch Crema.
I’m a sucker for big, delicious salads loaded with protein and tons of veggies. Here are some of my favorites!:
Taco salads are a go-to at our house because they’re so adaptable, depending on what you have on hand. I honestly add whatever fresh veggies I have in the fridge. And slow cooker shredded chicken is super duper easy. Just let your slow cooker do all the work! My husband loves a big dollop of sour cream and salsa on his salad, but I love this chipotle ranch crema sauce!
Sometimes I’ll make my taco salad into more of a burrito bowl with a tortilla on the bottom, some cilantro-lime rice and then the chicken, lettuce and vegetables. However you choose to adapt your taco salad, it will be delicious! It’s perfect for picky kids, and your whole family will love it!
Consider trying these popular salad recipes:
- Classic Wedge Salad
- Healthy Chicken Pasta Salad
- Creamy Pesto Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
- Waldorf Salad
- Thai Quinoa Salad
Shredded Chicken Taco Salad with Chipotle Ranch Crema
- 2 pounds slow cooker shredded chicken
- 2-3 romaine hearts , chopped (about 9 cups of chopped lettuce)
- 1 cucumber , peeled and sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper (or yellow), diced
- 3 green onions , chopped
- 2-3 Roma tomatoes , chopped
- 1 avocado , peeled, seeded and chopped
- 15 ounce can black beans , drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can corn , drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro , chopped for topping
- tortilla strips , for topping
Chipotle Ranch Crema:
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Hidden Valley Original Ranch dressing mixes
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Make the chipotle ranch cream by combining all ingredients and mixing until smooth. This can be made a few days in advance.
- For the tacos salads, place a big handful of lettuce in the bottom of each serving bowl.
- Top with a spoonful of black beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, green onions, and bell pepper.
- Add a big spoonful of shredded taco chicken. Top with some chopped cilantro and tortilla strips.
- Drizzle with chipotle ranch crema. Top with tortilla strips of crushed tortilla chips.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.