Years ago my Aunt Diane brought this salad to a family party and we all fell in love with it! It has since become a huge family favorite. We often enjoy it as our main course on a weeknight, but it’s also great as an appetizer or side dish.
The guys in our family aren’t always crazy about what may look like a “girly” salad, (a salad with fruit and nuts in it) but they all LOVE this one! It’s yummy anytime of the year, but I especially love it during the summer.
Consider trying these popular pasta salad recipes:
Serve this spinach chicken bowtie pasta salad as a main dish or a delicious side!
- 1 pound baby spinach leaves
- 16 ounces farfalle pasta (bowtie) noodles
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (or 2 cups rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 small can small can water chestnuts , sliced
- 11 ounce can mandarin oranges
- 2 Tablespoons sweet onions , chopped
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce (*see note)
- 1/4 cup oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- Prepare the dressing by combining all of the ingredients.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain water and add noodles to a large bowl.
Toss the cooked noodles in about half of the teriyaki sauce and refrigerate until cooled.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and grill until cooked through. Use two forks to shred the chicken.
Combine the spinach, cooked chicken, peanuts, dried cranberries, sliced water chestnuts, mandarin oranges, and chopped onion in a large salad bowl.
Add the pasta to the bowl and toss to combine. Add additional dressing, to taste.
My favorite is "Yoshida's" brand, but any good quality, thicker style teriyaki sauce works best.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.