Years ago my Aunt Diane brought this salad to a family party and we all fell in love with it! It has since become a huge family favorite. We often enjoy it as our main course on a weeknight, but it’s also great as an appetizer or side dish.
The guys in our family aren’t always crazy about what may look like a “girly” salad, (a salad with fruit and nuts in it) but they all LOVE this one! It’s yummy anytime of the year, but I especially love it during the summer.
Consider trying these popular pasta salad recipes:
Spinach, Chicken Bowtie Pasta Salad with Teriyaki Viniagrette
- 1 pound baby spinach leaves
- 16 ounces farfalle pasta (bowtie) noodles
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (or 2 cups rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 small can small can water chestnuts , sliced
- 11 ounce can mandarin oranges
- 2 Tablespoons sweet onions , chopped
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce (*see note)
- 1/4 cup oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- Prepare the dressing by combining all of the ingredients.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain water and add noodles to a large bowl.
- Toss the cooked noodles in about half of the teriyaki sauce and refrigerate until cooled.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and grill until cooked through. Use two forks to shred the chicken.
- Combine the spinach, cooked chicken, peanuts, dried cranberries, sliced water chestnuts, mandarin oranges, and chopped onion in a large salad bowl.
- Add the pasta to the bowl and toss to combine. Add additional dressing, to taste.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.