Coconut Chicken Tropical Salad is coconut crusted chicken tenders with avocado, mango, pineapple, bell pepper, cucumber, and a creamy pineapple vinaigrette.
It’s a rare occasion that I ever eat out for lunch, but if I’m ever running errands and want to treat myself I absolutely love the awesome ready-made salads from Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s.
The usually change depending on the season–one of my favorites is this Thai salad with edamame and a delicious peanut dressing. Every time I’m in either store I always browse the salads, even just for ideas to make them myself!
They saw a tropical salad at Whole Foods a little while ago and I’ve been craving it ever since. I knew I wanted to incorporate coconut somehow, so what better than some baked coconut chicken tenders?
The end result of this salad was fantastic. Fresh greens with pineapple, mango, peppers, and avocado, topped with crisp coconut chicken. And the simple pineapple coconut vinaigrette was the cherry on top!
Consider trying these popular salad recipes:
- Classic Wedge Salad
- Healthy Chicken Pasta Salad
- Creamy Pesto Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
- Waldorf Salad
- Thai Quinoa Salad
Coconut Chicken Tropical Salad with Creamy Pineapple Vinaigrette
- 2 heads Romaine lettuces , chopped (about 6-8 cups)
- 3 green onions , chopped
- 1 cucumber , peeled and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper , seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapples , chopped
- 1 mango , peeled and chopped
- 1 avocado , peeled, seeded and chopped
For the chicken
For the chicken
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place a wire cooling rack on top of a 10x15'' pan (jelly roll pan) lined with tinfoil. Spray wire rack with cooking spray.
- Add flour, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin and salt and pepper to a shallow bowl.
- Add eggs to another shallow bowl and beat well. Add coconut flakes to a third shallow bowl.
- Dredge chicken tenders in flour mixture, then in egg mixture, and then coat with coconut flakes, pressing them on so they stick.
- Lay chicken tenders on prepared wire rack. Spray the tops with cooking spray (to help them brown).
- Bake for 13-18 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add salad ingredients to a large bowl.
- Top with chicken and drizzle with dressing, as desired.
For the Dressing:
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add more honey, if needed, for sweetness. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.