Oreo Cheesecake with an Oreo crust, cheesecake filling, and chocolate ganache topping. A simple recipe that anyone can make and everyone will enjoy!
My husband was officially the happiest man in the world after trying this Oreo Cheesecake.
He’s completely Oreo obsessed–he even prides himself on his “very special” method for dunking them: gently sticking the prongs of a fork into the creamy center before dunking them in milk. That way his fingers stay dry :-). He obviously feels deeply when it comes to Oreos!
And let me tell you what makes this Oreo Cheesecake a winner:
First: The homemade Oreo crust is only 2 ingredients and it’s fabulous. Just the right amount of thickness to hold its shape perfectly, and just the right amount of moisture to be soft when cutting into. (You know how some cookie crusts can crumble to pieces when you cut them? Not this one!)
Second: It’s got the easiest Oreo cheesecake filling ever. This recipe is PERFECT for cheesecake beginners or veterans alike. You really can’t mess it up. And you don’t even need to worry about the top cracking because it gets covered by a delicious chocolate ganache.
Lastly: This Oreo Cheesecake is made in a pie dish, not a spring-form pan, like traditional cheesecakes. That means it’s easier than ever!
Did I mention you really can’t mess this up?! Easy peasy. Here’s some simple video proof:
So there you go. Three steps to the most heavenly Oreo Cheesecake Pie of your life! Oreo crust, Oreo cheesecake filling, and chocolate ganache on top. AMAZING.
CONSIDER TRYING THESE HOMEMADE PIES:
- Cherry pie
- Lemon Sour Cream Pie
- Pumpkin Pie with Caramel Pecan Topping
- Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake Pie
- Key Lime Pie
- Chocolate Cream Pie
- Lemon Chiffon Pie
- Banana Cream Pie
- Coconut Cream Pie
Oreo Cheesecake Pie
For the Oreo crust:
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 5 Tablespoons butter , melted
For the Cheesecake:
- 12 ounces cream cheese softened (1 1/2 (8 oz) packages)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 12-15 Oreo cookies , broken into chunks (about 1 1/2 cups)
For the ganache:
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
For the Oreo Crust:
- Place Oreo cookies in a food processor and pulse until small crumbs. Stir in the melted butter.
- Press the mixture into a deep dish 9-inch pie plate, covering the bottom and up the sides of the dish.
- Refrigerate while you make the cheesecake filling.
For the cheesecake:
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Add softened cream cheese to a large bowl beat with your stand mixer or electric mixers until fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Add vanilla and sugar and mix well, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Fold in the Oreo chunks. Pour batter into Oreo pie shell and bake for 35-45 minutes or until the edges are set and the center is slightly firm (it can be a little soft, just not jiggly).
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
For the Ganache:
- Once the pie is cool, make the ganache. Combine the butter and cream in a saucepan over medium heat until the butter is melted and the mixture is simmering.
- Place the chocolate in a small bowl. Pour the hot cream mixture over the chocolate and stir until melted and smooth.
- Add the vanilla and powdered sugar and stir well. Pour the ganache over the cheesecake, carefully smoothing to cover the top evenly.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve (at least an hour - the pie can be made up to a day in advance).
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.