This easy Pecan Pie recipe is so delicious it will convert even the biggest skeptics! The caramel-like flavors of the filling make this pie one of my all-time favorites!
I never appreciated the magic of pecan pie until I was an adult, despite the fact that growing up I always got “stuck” making the pecan pie. Each year I complained and each year my mom reminded me that it was many of our relative’s very favorite pie. So, I made it year after year until one day I decided to give it a try. My life was forever changed ;).
Pecan pie is an old-fashioned pie made with pecans and a sugar, syrup like filling. I think it should really just be called, “caramel pie with nuts on top.” With that name I may have tried it as a kid, but instead I missed out on years of deliciousness! I plan to make up for it this Thanksgiving by eating my fair share of this classic pecan pie.
What we LOVE about this Pecan Pie Recipe:
- Unbaked pie crust: Pecan pie is made with an unbaked pie crust! This is just one more detail that makes this the easiest pie in the world. 5-ingredients is all it takes to make a homemade crust that tastes SO much better!
- Basic ingredients: sugar, brown sugar, salt, corn syrup, vanilla, butter, eggs, pecans.
- The easiest pie there is. Really, of all the pie recipes we love, we rate this as the fastest, easiest, and most basic recipe there is.
How to Make Pecan Pie:
1. Combine: sugars, salt, corn syrup, vanilla, butter and eggs in a bowl. Mix everything together until smooth
2. Stir in the pecans.
3. Pour into pie shell. Pour the mixture into an unbaked 9 inch pie shell
4. Bake the pie at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes. You can tent a piece of tinfoil over the crust if it’s getting too browned, but be sure to spray it with cooking spray first so that the filling doesn’t stick to the tinfoil.
How do I know when it’s finished baking?
You will know your pecan pie is done cooking when you can gently shake the pie dish and see that the center of the pie is not overly jiggly and the outer edges are set. If the pie jiggles a lot when you gently shake the pan, continue cooking it until the center is a little more set. The cook time will vary and may take a bit longer than 60 minutes.
Make Ahead and freezing Instructions:
To make ahead: Pecan Pie can be made 1-3 days in advance. Bake the pie, allow it to completely cool, then cover and store it in the refrigerator. I like to remove it from the fridge at least one hour before serving. You can also make the filling and pie crust ahead of time but store them separately. Then assemble the pie and bake on the day you want to serve it.
To freeze: To freeze pecan pie, make the pie and allow it to cool completely after baking. Once it’s cool, cover it tightly with plastic wrap and tinfoil. Freeze for up to 3 months. to that, remove it from the freezer and leave it in the refrigerator overnight.
CONSIDER TRYING THESE HOMEMADE PIES:
- Cherry pie
- Lemon Sour Cream Pie
- Pumpkin Pie with Caramel Pecan Topping
- Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake Pie
- Key Lime Pie
- Chocolate Cream Pie
- Oreo Cheesecake Pie
- Lemon Chiffon Pie
- Coconut Cream Pie
- Triple Berry Pie
- Prepare my perfect pie crust recipe, up to step 9.
- In a large bowl, cream the sugar, brown sugar, salt, corn syrup, and butter,
- Add the eggs and beat well. Stir in the vanilla.
- Stir in chopped pecans and pour filing into an unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 50 minutes. After about 30 minutes of cooking, check the pie and as the edges of the crust start to brown, put a large piece of GREASED tinfoil over the top of the pie. (I just spray mine with cooking spray so that the pie filling doesn't stick to it).
- You will know your pie is finished when you can shake it gently and it is not overly jiggly. If it jiggles a lot when shaking, continue cooking until the center is more set!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.