Easy no-bake Peanut Butter Pie with an Oreo crust and a sweet peanut butter cheesecake filling. Always a crowd pleaser with just 20 minutes of effort!
This peanut butter pie is the perfect solution to my craving for a fast, easy, and oven-free dessert! Don’t miss my other no-bake desserts, including: Orange Ice Cream, Banana Pudding, and Chocolate Cream Pie!
What we LOVE about Peanut Butter Pie:
- 20 min prep: You can whip this recipe together in just a few minutes. Make it in the morning and stick it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- No bake: Leave the oven off and save your house from heating up in the summer months.
- That flavor combo: peanut butter, Oreo’s, and cream cheese…I mean what else do you need?
How to make Peanut Butter Pie:
1. Make Oreo crust: Place Oreo cookies in a food processor and pulse into crumbs. Stir in the melted butter. Press the mixture into a 9.5-inch pie plate, covering the bottom and up the sides of the dish. Refrigerate crust for 1 hour (or freeze for 20-30 minutes) before adding filling.
2. Make the Filling: In a mixing bowl beat together the cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and mix well for a few minutes, until smooth and fluffy.
Add heavy cream to a separate mixing bowl and beat with mixers until stiff peaks. Fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture until combined.
3. Pour Filling into cooled crust: Cover gently with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight, before serving.
If desired, serve with additional whipped cream on top, sprinkled with crushed chocolate or peanut butter candy (butterfingers, Reese’s pieces, Reese’s chocolate etc).
Make Ahead And Freezing Instructions:
To make ahead: This peanut butter pie can be made 1-2 days in advance and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Top with whipped cream just before serving.
To freeze: Make the pie in a freezer safe dish and wrap it well with plastic wrap, then aluminum foil. Freeze for 2-3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Recipe Variations and Adaptations:
- Different Flavor Crust: you could also use Nutter butter cookies for the crust, a regular graham cracker crust or chocolate graham cracker crust.
- Vegan Peanut Butter Pie: use vegan cream cheese in place of regular cream cheese and make vegan whipping cream by blending 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons of silken tofu with 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons of soy milk in a blender until well combined. Mix in a teaspoon of vanilla and stir it into the peanut butter mixture step 2.
Peanut Butter Pie
- 12 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Topping ideas: crushed candies, mini Reese’s peanut butter cups, chocolate and peanut butter chips
- 30 Oreo cookies , whole
- 6 Tablespoons butter , melted
For the crust:
- Place Oreo cookies in a food processor and pulse until small crumbs. Stir in the melted butter. Press the mixture into a deep dish* 9.5-inch pie plate, covering the bottom and up the sides of the dish. Refrigerate crust for 1 hour (or freeze for 20-30 minutes) before adding filling.
For the Filling:
- In a mixing bowl beat together the cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and mix well, until smooth.
- Add heavy cream to a separate mixing bowl and beat with mixers until stiff peaks. Fold in the whipped cream to the peanut butter mixture until combined.
- Pour filling into cooled pie shell and cover gently with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight, before serving.
- If desired, serve with additional whipped cream on top, sprinkled with crushed candy or candy bars.
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.