My Aunt made this recipe at a recent family party and it was delicious! It is a Nothing Bundt Cake-Copycat recipe, and she found the original recipe here. I first made this for a Fourth of July party so I added a little Fourth of July ball (made out of tissue paper) to it so it really looked just like a Nothing Bundt Cake!
Consider trying these bundt cake recipes:
- Caramel Apple Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Macaroon Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake
- Poppyseed Cake
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Nothing Bundt Cake
A deliciously moist, double chocolate bundt cake with cream cheese frosting.
- 1 package devils food cake mix (or homemade)
- 3.9 ounce box instant chocolate pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup butter , softened
- 1 1/2-2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and grease and flour your bundt cake pan.
Mix the first six cake ingredients together. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Pour batter into your greased bunt cake pan. Bake at 350 for 45-50 min. Allow to cool in the pan for 20 min., the remove from pan and place on wire cooling rack.
- Cream together the cream cheese and butter. Mix in the vanilla. Gradually stir in the powdered sugar until smooth.
Spoon frosting into a pastry bag with no tip attached. Starting in the hole of the bundt cake, squeeze and drag frosting up and over the cake.
Stop the frosting about 3/4th way down the cake. (On a Nothing Bundt Cake, the frosting doesn't quite reach the bottom of the cake).
Repeat this process all around the cake.
How to Make a Tissue Paper Pom-Pom
- Cut 8 pieces of regular sized tissue paper in half, long ways.
- Stack tissue paper. Make 1 1/2 inch accordion folds.
- Fold a piece of floral wire in half, and slip over center of folded tissue; twist.
- Use scissors to trim ends of tissue into rounded or pointy shapes.
Separate layers, pulling away from center one at a time, until your pom pom ball is formed.
Place ball on top of cake!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.