My Aunt made this recipe at a recent family party and it was delicious! It is a Nothing Bundt Cake-Copycat recipe, and she found the original recipe here. I first made this for a Fourth of July party so I added a little Fourth of July ball (made out of tissue paper) to it so it really looked just like a Nothing Bundt Cake!
Consider trying these bundt cake recipes:
- Caramel Apple Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Macaroon Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake
- Poppyseed Cake
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Nothing Bundt Cake
Nothing Bundt Cake Copycat Recipe
- 1 package devils food cake mix (or homemade)
- 3.9 ounce box instant chocolate pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup butter , softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and grease and flour your bundt cake pan. (See my tips for properly greasing a bundt pan, above in the post.)
- Mix the first six cake ingredients together. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into your greased bunt cake pan. Bake at 350 for 45-50 min. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting the cake onto a wire cooling rack. I also like to run a butter knife gently around the edges of the pan to make sure the cake isn't sticking, before I turn it out.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Beat together the cream cheese and butter until light fluffy. Mix in the vanilla. Gradually beat in the powdered sugar, mixing for several minutes, until smooth and creamy. Add more powdered sugar, to taste, if needed.
To frost the cake:
- Spoon frosting into a pastry bag with no tip attached, or into a ziplock bag, with the corner cut. Starting at the outer edge of the bundt cake squeeze and pull a line of frosting up and over the cake, into the center hole.
- Repeat this process all around the cake. Store, covered, in the fridge for up to 5 days. Freeze, covered well, for up to 3 months.
How to Make a Tissue Paper Pom-Pom
- Cut 8 pieces of regular sized tissue paper in half, long ways.
- Stack tissue paper. Make 1 1/2 inch accordion folds.
- Fold a piece of floral wire in half, and slip over center of folded tissue; twist.
- Use scissors to trim ends of tissue into rounded or pointy shapes.
Separate layers, pulling away from center one at a time, until your pom pom ball is formed.
Place ball on top of cake!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.