Huge, thick and chewy cookies are all the rage right now and these double Chocolate Cookies fit the bill as the BEST chocolate cookies ever!
Your search for the ultimate thick and chewy chocolate cookie recipe is over! I’m so happy with how these turned out–I adapted them from my popular Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe, and this chocolate version is every bit as AMAZING!
There are cookie shops popping up all over the place (like Crumbl cookies and Swig) that sell cookies as big as your hand for nearly $3 each! They taste pretty good, but nothing beats the taste and price of homemade cookies, and I’ve got all the tips you need to make extra large, thick and chewy cookies that are perfect copy cats of the Crumbl cookies we all love!
The Trick to Jumbo Cookies:
- Big scoops! I use a ¼ cup measurer to scoop the cookie dough and form large cookies. This way they are also uniform in size.
- Refrigerate dough. Don’t skip this step as it will help ensure they bake thick and chewy.
- Cool cookie sheet between batches. If you are cooking multiple batches of cookies, don’t place the second batch of cookie dough on a hot cookie sheet! Use a new cookie sheet or allow it to cool completely before baking another batch, to avoid flat cookies!
How to Make Chocolate Cookies:
1. Combine dry ingredients. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt to medium bowl and combine.
2. Combine wet ingredients. Add butter, sugar and brown sugar to a large mixing bowl or stand mixer and beat well until creamed together. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined
3. Mix together. Gradually mix in the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Refrigerate. Cover bowl and refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes.
5. Scoop into balls. Measure out ¼ cup balls of dough and place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake at 375 for 12 to 15 minutes or until set around the edges. (Do not over bake.) Allow to cool for several minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely
MAKE AHEAD AND FREEZING INSTRUCTIONS:
To make ahead: The cookie dough can be made up to 3 days ahead of time, stored in the fridge.
To freeze: Freeze the cookie dough for up to 3 months. To freeze baked cookies, allow them to cool completely and store in a freezer safe bag for up to 3 months.
CONSIDER TRYING THESE POPULAR DESSERTS:
- Easy Tiramisu
- Chocolate Turtles
- Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- Best Ever Peanut Butter Bars
Jumbo Double Chocolate Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silplat mat.
- Combine dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients: butter, sugar and brown sugar in a separate mixing bowl and beat for a few minutes until creamed together. Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients: Gradually mix in the flour mixture until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate: Cover bowl and refrigerate dough for 30 minutes (or up to 3 days stored in an air-tight container).
- Scoop dough: Measure out ¼ cup balls of dough and place on baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until set around the edges (don't over bake!).
- Allow to cool for several minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
This post contains affiliate links.