This is a great moist and flavorful cake with sweet banana flavor. Nothing beats a classic cream cheese frosting on a bundt cake recipe! Is it dessert, or is it breakfast? I’d say BOTH! Do yourself a favor and make this easy banana cake recipe ASAP! Your whole family will thank you.
Wha’t the difference between banana bread and banana cake?
You may be wondering, are banana bread and banana cake the same thing? This banana cake recipe has a creamier and sweeter batter than traditional banana bread. It’s made to be more of a dessert.
If you are looking for a healthier banana cake recipe, try simply making Skinny Banana Bread or Skinny Banana Bread Muffins. You could even top them with cream cheese frosting to satisfy your dessert craving.
How to make banana cake:
- Prepare your pan: I like to prep my bundt pan by greasing the bundt pan with shortening and flour (see my tips for this, below).
- Make the batter: Combine dry ingredients in one bowl (flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt). In a separate bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar then add the eggs and vanilla.
- Add Bananas: Mix in mashed bananas and buttermilk. Slowly add the dry ingredients, stirring gently, just until fully incorporated.
- Bake: Pour into your prepared bundt pan and bake for about 40-45 minutes.
- Cool. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before inverting it out of the pan. Frost with cream cheese frosting.
How to make cream cheese frosting:
- Cream butter and cream cheese together.
- Add powdered sugar and milk.
- Beat until smooth.
HOW TO GET THE BANANA BUNDT CAKE OUT OF THE BUNDT PAN:
How to frost a banana bundt cake:
When frosting a bundt cake, I like to use a pastry bag with a coupler inside. I like the coupler because I don’t use a piping tip when I frost a bundt cake; so I use the coupler to frost the cake.
If you don’t have a pastry bag to frost your bundt cake, you can add the frosting to a ziplock bag and cut a hole in the corner. This is another easy way to frost your bundt cake.
Frost your bundt cake by starting at the outside edge of the cake and dragging a line of frosting up and over the top of the cake, into the center hole. Repeat this step all the way around the cake.
How to store banana cake:
To store banana cake, cover it or wrap it in plastic wrap. This banana cake can be stored, unfrosted, on the counter for 2-3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Consider trying these popular desserts:
- German Chocolate Cake
- Snickerdoodles Bars
- Mississippi Mud Brownies
- Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake
- Mrs. Fields Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
This Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is a banana bread bundt cake recipe that's so easy to make and topped with a delicious Cream Cheese Frosting.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 bananas , mashed
- 4 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup butter , softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease well or Butter and flour your bundt pan.
Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In a separate bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
Mix in the buttermilk and mashed bananas. Slowly add the dry ingredients, stirring gently, just until fully incorporated.
Pour into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Allow to cool for about 30 minutes before inverting it out of the pan. Frost with cream cheese frosting.
Cream butter and cream cheese together. Add powdered sugar and milk and beat for several minutes, until smooth and fluffy. Add more powdered sugar, if needed.
Recipe adapted from Hungry Hungry Highness.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.