Chocolate macaroon bundt cake is filled with coconut macaroon filling and topped with a delicious chocolate and vanilla glaze!
Raise your hand if you LOOOVVVEEE Chocolate Cake!! I’m a little obsessed, if you haven’t noticed. This Chocolate Macaroon Bundt Cake makes my 7th chocolate cake recipe I’ve shared with you guys. They include:
Don’t make me pick a favorite. I couldn’t do it!
There are two things that make this chocolate cake really special. First, it’s my Grandma’s recipe, and was one of my mom’s favorites growing up. Second, it has a delicious coconut macaroon filling layered in the middle. Y-U-M!
Coming from my grandma I already knew this cake would be delicious. And it was. (Some other favorites from my grandma’s recipe box include this Oatmeal Cake and her Lemon Chiffon Pie!) I like to drizzle chocolate and vanilla glaze on top, resulting in a truly amazing chocolate cake!
Consider trying these bundt cake recipes:
- Caramel Apple Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake
- Poppyseed Cake
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Nothing Bundt Cake
Chocolate Macaroon Bundt Cake
For the Cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk (reserve the egg white for filling)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup cold water
Coconut Macaroon Filling:
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate and Vanilla Glaze:
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 6 Tablespoons milk
- 4 cups powdered sugar , divided
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
Make the filling first:
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in the coconut, flour and vanilla. Set aside.
For the Cake:
- In large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda.
- In a separate bowl mix together the sour cream, eggs, egg yolk, vanilla and shortening.
- Add to the dry ingredients, along with the cold water and mix well to combine.
- Grease and flour your bundt pan. Pour half of the batter into the pan and smooth into an even layer.
- Spoon the coconut macaroon filling even on top of the batter. Spoon remaining batter on top, covering all of the coconut filling.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire wrack to cool completely. Drizzle with vanilla and chocolate glaze, once the cake is cool.
For the Chocolate and Vanilla Glaze:
- Add butter and milk to a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and divide mixture evenly between two bowls. Add 2 cups of powdered sugar to each bowl.
- Add cocoa powder to one of the bowls. Beat the vanilla glaze first (with electric beaters) until smooth. Beat the chocolate glaze until smooth.
- Pour the glazes into separate ziplock bags. Cut the corners off of each bag and drizzle the glazes on the cake.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.