Have you ever heard of or tried a Nothing Bundt Cakes cake before? Awhile back my aunt introduced me to a copycat recipe for the Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cake that she originally found here. This recipe makes a perfectly moist, rich and chocolaty bundt cake that no one could guess was adapted from a cake mix!
It takes just a few minutes to whip together, but the end result is fantastic!
One of my favorite features of a Nothing Bundt Cake is the fun decoration that comes on top of the cake. It makes it look really special and adds a little bit of flare! I like to copy this idea by making my own simple tissue paper pom-pom decoration for the top of the cake.
Below is the yummy cake recipe, followed by a tutorial for frosting and decorating the cake!
Consider trying these bundt cake recipes:
- Caramel Apple Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Macaroon Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake
- Poppyseed Cake
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Nothing Bundt Cake
A deliciously moist, double chocolate bundt cake with cream cheese frosting.
- 1 package devils food cake mix (or homemade)
- 3.9 ounce box instant chocolate pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup butter , softened
- 1 1/2-2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and grease and flour your bundt cake pan.
Mix the first six cake ingredients together. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Pour batter into your greased bunt cake pan. Bake at 350 for 45-50 min. Allow to cool in the pan for 20 min., the remove from pan and place on wire cooling rack.
- Cream together the cream cheese and butter. Mix in the vanilla. Gradually stir in the powdered sugar until smooth.
Spoon frosting into a pastry bag with no tip attached. Starting in the hole of the bundt cake, squeeze and drag frosting up and over the cake.
Stop the frosting about 3/4th way down the cake. (On a Nothing Bundt Cake, the frosting doesn't quite reach the bottom of the cake).
Repeat this process all around the cake.
How to Make a Tissue Paper Pom-Pom
- Cut 8 pieces of regular sized tissue paper in half, long ways.
- Stack tissue paper. Make 1 1/2 inch accordion folds.
- Fold a piece of floral wire in half, and slip over center of folded tissue; twist.
- Use scissors to trim ends of tissue into rounded or pointy shapes.
Separate layers, pulling away from center one at a time, until your pom pom ball is formed.
Place ball on top of cake!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.