Caramel Apple Bundt Cake with fresh apples and a delicious cream cheese swirl. Look no further for a delicious dessert to bring to your fall parties.
If you’re looking for the perfect fall dessert for a crowd or party this season, look no further!
This Caramel Apple Bundt Cake is amazing–moist and full of the tastiest fall flavors!
It has shredded apple inside it, along with a delicious cream cheese swirl. It’s then topped with a simple homemade caramel sauce that’s drizzled over each slice of cake–it’s die for!
Consider trying these popular apple recipes:
Caramel apple bundt cake made with fresh apples and a delicious cream cheese swirl. Look no further for a delicious dessert to bring to your fall parties.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium apples , peeled, cored and diced (to make about 3 cups)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract , divided
- 1 1/4 cups oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 8 ounces cream cheese , room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar , firmly packed
- 1/2 cup half and half or whipped cream
- dash of salt
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Generously grease and flour a 9 or 10-inch bundt pan. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
Toss the diced apples with lemon juice (keeps them from browning) and stir in the brown sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Set aside.
In another large mixing bowl blend the oil, sugar, and vanilla until well mixed. Add the egg and mix well.
Stir in the dry ingredients, just until incorporated. The batter will be quite thick.
Drain the apple mixture to remove any excess liquid and then stir the mixture into the batter. Don't overmix! Pour the batter evenly into the prepared bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese just until smooth. Add the 1/3 cup sugar, vanilla and egg and blend until smooth.
Using a spoon or butter knife, make a well/trench in the center of the cake batter (going around in the circular shape of the bundt pan) about 1-inch deep (just try your best to scoop the excess batter to either side and then spoon the cream cheese mixture into the trench, making a center ring inside the cake).
Once the cream cheese mixture is in place, use a butter knife to swirl the cream cheese mixture into the surrounding cake batter.
- Bake the cake for 55 minutes - 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. (The cake takes 60min in my oven).
While the cake is cooling, mix the ingredients for the glaze in a small pan over medium high heat.
Allow the ingredients to come to a boil and boil for one minute, stirring constantly. Pour the glaze over the cake while the cake is still in the pan.
Let the cake cool in the pan before removing. Turn the cake out onto a serving plate (I always run a small knife around the outside of the cake before flipping it onto the serving plate) and serve chilled or at room temperature, with caramel sauce drizzled over each piece.
Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Mix the butter, brown sugar, half-and-half and salt in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook, stirring often, until thickened slightly, about 5-7 minutes. Add the vanilla and cook another minute.
Remove from heat and pour sauce into a jar. Refrigerate until cold. (You can make the sauce well in advance and just warm it slightly in the microwave before serving with the cake.)
Adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.