Chocolate Bundt Cake
How to make chocolate bundt cake:
Start by combine all of the cake ingredients with an electric mixer. Then use a spatula to fold in the mini chocolate chips.
Grease and flour your bundt pan and pour the cake mixture into it. Bake the cake for about 45 minutes and cool completely before frosting!
I’ve found the easiest way to frost a chocolate bundt cake with cream cheese frosting is to use a pastry bag and coupler, with no piping tip. The round hole in the coupler is the perfect size for a rounded lined of frosting to drape down the sides of the cake, just like how they frost them cakes from Nothing Bundt Cakes.
If you’d like to put a fun pom-pom ball in the center of the cake, check out this tutorial!
What is the difference between a bundt cake and a regular cake?
Obviously, if you bake a cake in a bundt pan, the cake will be called a bundt cake. The real difference between the two lies in the thickness and size of the bundt pan vs. a regular cake pan.
A typical bundt pan recipe uses a 10×3 inch bundt pan that has a volume of about 12 cups. This is close to double the volume of a typical cake recipe. For many cake recipes if you want to use a typical cake recipe but make it in a bundt pan, you may need to double the recipe (and it may make a little extra) and increase the cook time significantly.
How to get the cake out of the bundt pan:
Consider trying these bundt cake recipes:
- Caramel Apple Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Macaroon Bundt Cake
- Poppyseed Cake
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Nothing Bundt Cake
Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake
- Mix cake ingredients together with an electric mixer. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into a well-greased bunt cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-50mins or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven. Allow to cool in the pan for 15-20mins. Remove from pan.
- At this point you can frost it and serve it, or you can wrap it in plastic wrap and let it sit overnight in the fridge before frosting.
For the frosting:
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla. Gradually stir in the powdered sugar. Pipe onto cake. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
*I originally shared this recipe December 2013. Updated November 2018.