If you’d like to put a fun pop-pop ball in the center of the cake, check out this tutorial!
Consider trying these bundt cake recipes:
- Caramel Apple Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Macaroon Bundt Cake
- Poppyseed Cake
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Nothing Bundt Cake
Fluffy, moist, and perfectly delicious chocolate peppermint bundt cake.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix devils food cake or German chocolate cake work well
- 3.9 ounce boxes instant chocolate pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract optional
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup butter , softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 candy canes crushed
Mix cake ingredients together with an electric mixer. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into a well-greased bunt cake pan.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-50mins or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven. Allow to cool in the pan for 15-20mins. Remove from pan.
At this point you can frost it and serve it, or you can wrap it in plastic wrap and let it sit overnight in the fridge before frosting.
In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla. Gradually stir in the powdered sugar. Pipe onto cake. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
Recipe adapted from Fav Family Recipes
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.