My favorite Skinny Banana Bread recipe has no oil, is low sugar, and just over 100 calories/slice! It’s the BEST healthy banana bread recipe to still yield incredibly moist, perfectly sweet, and delicious bread!
We are preparing for an intense ICE storm in Saint Louis this weekend. Schools are closed today and my husband is working from home.
I had never experienced an ice storm until I moved to the midwest, and they are no joke! We’ve had a few in the last couple of years that kept everyone one home, like today. You’re driving in your car and the “rain” falling on your windshield immediately freezes to ice. The streets become a sheet of ice but it’s really hard to tell it’s even there, which it makes it dangerous to drive on.
It’s kind of fun having an excuse to hunker down at home with my family, though. We play games and do puzzles and pick a fun a movie to watch.
Do you want to know how to make banana bread? You are in the right place. I like to bake something warm and comforting like this Skinny Banana Bread. My kids love it and I love that it’s healthier than regular banana bread. Plus, it makes my house smell amazing.
The main reason I really love this skinny banana bread recipe (besides the obvious fact that it has way less sugar and fat than any traditional banana bread recipes) is that it has FOUR large bananas mashed into it.
Most recipes have 2 or 3, max. I love extra banana flavor it gives the bread, and it makes the bread really moist.
I like to use really, really ripe bananas. Like, so ripe that the skin is black, and my husband is begging me to remove them from our kitchen counter :-). The riper the banana, the sweeter it is, the easier it is to mash, and the more sweetness it adds to the bread.
Can you make banana bread with fresh bananas?
Yes! If you only have fresh bananas, don’t fret! One trick is to place them (peel on) on a baking sheet and bake them in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 6-8 minutes. This is a great trick for ripening bananas quickly!
In typing the below ingredients into a nutrition calculator (judging that one loaf makes about 12 slices) this banana bread came out to be about 140 calories per slice.
So, hopefully you can feel great about indulging in one of the tastiest, and easiest quick-breads around!
LOOKING FOR MORE HEALTHY SNACK IDEAS? TRY SOME OF MY OTHER FAVORITES:
Skinny Banana Bread
- 4 bananas , about 1 1/3 cups, mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (white or white-whole wheat)
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- Grease a standard 9x5'' loaf pan (I also like to line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper to make sure the loaf doesn't stick).
- Mash bananas in a mixing bowl. Add egg, vanilla, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and cinnamon and stir well to combine.
- In a separate small bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to banana mixture and stir to combine.
- Gently stir in melted butter. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5-10 few minutes before inverting onto a wire cooling rack.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.