This easy Banana Bread Recipe is moist, fool-proof, and simply perfection! It’s our family’s favorite and it turns out perfect every time!
Why I love this bread:
- Quick – This is a quick bread, meaning the leavening agents are baking soda and baking powder, so no waiting for it to rise. Just mix the ingredients together and bake right away.
- Delicious – This will vanish in no time so feel free to double it for an extra loaf to give to a friend, or enjoy yourself! For a healthier version, try my Healthy Banana Bread!
- Classic – This is a true staple recipe that everyone should have in their collection! I’ve probably made it a thousand times! This really is the best banana bread recipe!
How to make Banana Bread:
Mash Bananas: In a small bowl mash three ripe bananas with a fork.
Cream Butter and Sugar: In a large mixing bowl cream the sugar and butter until light and fluffy in texture.
Combine Wet Ingredients: Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Next, mix in the mashed bananas and milk.
Add Dry Ingredients: In another bowl, mix together the dry ingredients and add to the creamed sugar mixture. Stir just enough to combine the batter without over-mixing.
Bake: Pour the batter into a greased bread loaf pan (here’s my favorite loaf pan that’s 8.5×4.5 pan) and bake at 325 degrees for about an hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Tips for Moist and Perfect Banana Bread:
- Room temperature ingredients. Room temperature eggs and butter emulsify into the batter better than if they are cold.
- Don’t over-mix. For extra moist and soft bread, don’t over-mix the batter, especially when you add the flour mixture in the last step.
- Over-browning. If the bread is browning too much in the oven before the time is up, place a piece of tinfoil over it.
- How to Ripen Bananas – If you only have yellow bananas, you can speed up the ripening using my step by step guide.
Storing and Freezing Instructions:
To Store: This moist banana bread will keep at room temperature for 3-5 days.
To Freeze: Allow the bread to cool completely and then store in an airtight container or freezer safe bag for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw to room temperature before serving.
- Banana Nut Bread: Simply chop your favorite nuts (I love to add walnuts) and gently stir them in the batter at the very end.
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread: Stir in a cup or more of chocolate chips to the batter at the end of preparation.
- Healthy Banana Bread: I often make a healthier version with a few small changes including cutting the sugar in half. Or if you want them in muffins use my Skinny Banana Bread Muffins.
More ways to use ripe bananas:
Follow me for more great recipes
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan (or similar size loaf pan).Line the bottom of the pan with a small piece of parchment or wax paper and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Add the mashed banana and milk and stir to combine.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and stir everything just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Set aside for a few minutes before removing the bread from the pan onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store at room temperature or in the fridge, for 3-5 days.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
*I first shared this recipe in June 2010. Updated January 2019 and March 2023.
This post contains affiliate links. We love sharing our favorite products with you.
This post contains affiliate links.