A Lemon Poppy Seed Bread recipe with a sweet lemon glaze is one of my favorite easy quick bread recipes. It’s tender, moist, and perfect for breakfast or brunch with friends.
Why I love this recipe:
- Quick – No rising required with this easy quick bread recipe. Just 15 minutes of prep and it’s ready for the oven.
- Delicious – Light, fluffy, and moist; this easy lemon poppyseed bread will become your new brunch staple!
- The Glaze – The sweet lemon glaze is optional, but I love the elegance and bold flavor it adds.
How to make Lemon Poppy Seed Bread:
Stir Dry Ingredients: Whisk together flour, baking powder, poppy seeds, and salt.
Mix Wet Ingredients: In a large bowl, beat together sugar, oil or butter, yogurt, eggs, lemon zest and vanilla.
Combine: Slowly fold in the dry ingredients, just until incorporated.
Bake: Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 55 minutes – 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Serve: Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
To Freeze: Allow bread to cool completely then wrap this lemon poppy seed loaf in plastic wrap and place in freezer safe container or bag. Freeze up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in refrigerator or at room temperature.
More Popular Bakery Treats:
- Cinnamon Roll Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Apple Coffee Cake
- Peach Scones
- Broccoli Cheese Quiche
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- Lemon Zucchini Bread
- Overnight Cinnamon Rolls
- Blueberry Muffins
Follow me for more great recipes
Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
For the Bread:
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ Tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter , melted, (or sub oil or coconut oil)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 large eggs , room temperature
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest , (about 1 large or 2 small lemons)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom of a 9×5’’ pan with parchment paper, and grease with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, poppy seeds, and salt. In a large bowl, beat together sugar, oil or melted butter, yogurt, eggs, lemon zest and vanilla.
- Slowly fold the dry ingredients, just until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 55 minutes – 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
*I first shared this recipe in June 2013. Updated August 2018 and July 2023.