Light and tender Cinnamon Roll Cake with cream cheese frosting. All of the flavors I love from a cinnamon roll, in a delicious, easy cake recipe.
This Cinnamon Roll Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is lick-your-plate, DELICIOUS. All of the warm, ooey gooey, cinnamon taste you love from a cinnamon roll, without any of the fuss. No rolling, rising, etc.
With just 15 minutes prep time, it’s SOO easy, and the end result is a delicious, moist, cinnamon roll cake that will make the people in your life very, very happy!
This simple cake starts with a basic cake batter recipe. Then you mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, flour and butter and place spoonfuls all over the top of the batter. This delicious layer will act as the cinnamon filling we love inside a cinnamon roll.
Use a butter knife to weave the cinnamon roll filling back and forth down the pan, incorporating it into the batter in fun swirls.
Bake the cake and top the warm cake with cream cheese frosting. HEAVEN.
To apply the cream cheese frosting:
Spoon the frosting into a ziplock bag. Cut a hole in one of the corners of the bag, and squeeze the frosting through it as your drizzle it onto the cake.
To store this cinnamon roll cake:
Just like fresh baked cinnamon rolls, I think this cake is best enjoyed the same day it’s baked. The soft texture will dry out the longer it sits.
Cinnamon Roll Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
For the Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter , melted
For the Cinnamon Swirl:
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter , softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1-2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8'' baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, egg and vanilla. Stir in melted butter. Pour mixture into prepared pan and smooth into an even layer.
- Make the cinnamon swirl topping by combing all ingredients together until smooth.
- Drop small spoonfuls of the mixture evenly over the top of the cake batter. Use a knife to swirl through the cake and disperse the mixture throughout the cake batter.
- Bake 32-37 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Drizzle cream cheese frosting over warm cake. Serve warm.
- For the Cream Cheese Frosting, cream the butter and cream cheese together. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and enough milk to make a smooth, soft frosting. Drizzle frosting over the cake with a spoon (or use a ziplock bag like I did--just snip a hole out of one of the corners and add the frosting).
- This cake is best served the same day.