Lemon Zucchini Bread is one of our favorite quick bread recipes during the summer months! This super flavorful and moist bread tastes great for dessert, as a snack, or even for breakfast or brunch.
I feel like some things you can buy at a store bakery are just as good as what you could make at home. Like La Brea french bread or donuts, for example. But the list is short. Most things are ten times yummier when they’re homemade, and I feel like sweet breads are definitely one of them. There is really no comparison!
I really love how easy sweet breads are to make. They don’t have yeast or need any time to rest or rise. They use simple pantry ingredients and only take a few minutes to whip together.
The lemon zucchini combination in this Lemon Zucchini Bread is delicious! I’m definitely a fan of traditional zucchini bread, but this one is so summer-y and different. It’s moist and tender , almost like a delicious cake. You can serve it at brunch or breakfast, as a snack, or as dessert.
Consider trying these popular brunch recipes:
- Cinnamon Roll Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Apple Coffee Cake
- Peach Scones
- Poppy Seed Cake
- Broccoli Cheese Quiche
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Lemon Zucchini Bread
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (or half white whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 8 x 4 inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, combine sugar and lemon zest and stir well.
- Add eggs, oil, and lemon juice and stir until smooth. Stir in the dry ingredients until combined.
- Fold the zucchini into the batter and pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to rest in the pan for 10 minutes before removing the loaf onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- While the bread is cooling, make the glaze by combining the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the bread. Slice and serve.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.